El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't post in the classifieds due to post count, so I'm throwing it here. Moderators, if this is unacceptable please delete and accept my apologies..

My dad has had it a little less than a year and has put less than 300 miles on it. With his work schedule, he just doesn't get the time to drive or show it, and he really could use a full size truck. Right now he's more interested in trading straight up for a newer, full size, extended or crew cab pickup, or Avalanche. Outright purchase is also an option, but I think his asking price would scare some people away without seeing the car in person first.

To sum this car up, it's in unbelievable condition, it's a two owner with tremendous documentation since day one, has a freshly rebuilt 350 and th350, long tubes, mild cam, edelbrock intake, 4bbl, lots of chrome, brand new tires, a 9k paint job (blackish blue with ghost flames), the list goes on and on. Everything that would ever need restoration has been done. It is an original Florida car with no bondo or filler, and even before the repaint was still in show worthy condition. A few members have seen it in person and can attest to the quality of this ride. Feel free to call or text 863-594-1877

Here's a link to photos:
http://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=46706

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Dang Josh, I cant believe your Dad is selling her.

Beautiful car.

Tell him to slow down, enjoy life and KEEP THE ELKY.

If he needs something hauled, call me and I'll haul it for him if he keeps the car.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Lightning, so hauling isn't a major issue but thanks for the offer! He grew up on a farm, and has always had a truck. He usually works 60 hours a week, and is just frustrated that he never has time to enjoy the car. I Haven't listed the car for sale anywhere but here, just figured someone might be interested in a trade that would truly enjoy the car and would rather it go to a loving home than see it jacked up on dubs. He does however have his Mustang for sale, so if that sells he'll just use that to fund a truck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This posting is very old, but my father is finally at a point where he is serious about selling it. I will be listing it on Craigslist this week for 13k, which is of course negotiable. The poor car saw about 200 miles over the past year and is still in the same condition as the linked photos show. Please call or text me with any questions at 863-594-1877.

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Josh - I move your ad into the "Cars For Sale" Forum since you now have the necessary number of posts. HOWEVER, our site rules require that you post a price for the car. We do not have "bidding" like Evil-Bay or other sites. Please post with the asking price -- or better, a realistic price that a buyer will pay. If this is not added soon, one of the moderators will delete the post. Good luck on the sale to both seller and buyer!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Hi Josh. Hate to see your Dad sell her but If he has other priorities I guess that's life.

You should bring her by Burger King in Lakeland some time.

You may only get a less than low ball offer from the curmudgeons who attend but I would love to see Black Bowtie again.

Beautiful car and worth every penny of asking price.

I wont be there for the next 3 weekends though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There have been a couple serious buyers. We really thought it was going to Germany, but that fell through. I'm trying to sell my old Jeep and am having the same problem, most people can't justify that amount of money on an "old" car.

He usually takes it to the Winter Haven show every month.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
SOLD!! Brought 13k on a trade in.
Sad. So, what about the Mustake?? I would have traded the M...g and kept the El Camino. Mustangs are a-dime-a-dozen, but, El Caminos aren't. Anyway, those are my thoughts.

Congratulations on the sale, though. Glad it worked out for your dad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts