El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
Yep, looks good. I wish he'd posted more pics. I'd really love to know how many Black Knights were produced.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a 1978 Black Knight, I think.....
it appears to original paint except the front clip and a few touched up spots...my cowl plate matches(upper/lower black trim, center console/ buckets 350ci,etc) it has SS badge @dash, it has the black 1/4 window trim, it has the narrow corvette/chevy rally wheels with the top hat style centers and beauty ring(maybe not stock), some old air shocks(possilbly stock/maybe generic), no sign of total repaint, but...............what bothers me is the carmine interior........I have only actually seen one other Black knight and it belonged to a neighbor and had tan buckets(when I was a kid) and any file photos on the net seem to have tan interior, but I might have seen 1 photo with what appears to be black interior so maybe, maybe not...............I ran into a chevy service manager of 35years at the only car show I had it in and he thought it was definitely the real deal....the car won "People's Choice" award at a Mopar meet(ha!!!!!!) see classifieds if you think you can trade me out of it- I want a nice late 60's/early 70's SS - or something nice.....
I traded a 1967 Dart GT for it and drove it from Indianapolis to South Carolina last winter with a pack of old school rodders.........I do not want a forune for it, I just don't want to drop the ball in elky history and do a screwed up resto or wreck it or let it fall apart....I have 2 more, and I have had many many elky's as I used to deal exclusively in vettes/el camino/trans am/charger at a car lot and sevice shop I owned by Indy...
I just hate to think I got a Damned Clone.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am going to try and post a digital pic by 3/1 - monday night
all I have now is regular pics w/ no scanner
I will also post pics of my other two elkys - none are as pretty as yours

1 - 6 of 6 Posts