El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1986 Base
Current: N/A 4.3 "Z" TBI with an ADS super chip in the computer.
Projected: Turbocharged 4.3 V6 from a GMC Syclone and custom tune.
Drivetrain: Upraded to 3:73 10 bolt posi
Suspension: Global west tubular upper/lower control arms. Hotchkis boxed upper and lowers on the rear. Urethane mounts for all. Frame is boxed and powdercoated.
Exterior: 2 1/2" Fiberglass cowl induction hood and rhino lining for the bed.
Interior: Power bench 40/60 from a Buick regal.
Stock electrical.

:nanawrench:
Picked up the Syclone motor of all places, here in Hawaii. Gonna do some minor rework and slap her in.

·
Deputy Director Region 8
2,749 Posts
Nice!! Post some pics when you can,, my guess is your a tanker guy,, 135`s rule!! Keep us updated, I`m interested,, Matty man

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a tanker guy, I'm a surface fleet Tin Can kinda guy.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Deputy Director Region 8
2,749 Posts
Looking good,, nice control arms,,, keep the pics coming,, I ran out of welding gas, hoping they are open today,,, this will be a nice ride,, do you know what horsepower the V-6 will have?? Matty man

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stock is around 280-290. The guy that had it water injection setup, so I'm not sure what he was running, plus the turbo is an upgrade. Originally came with a Mitsubishi, but sold to me with a Garrett T3/T4, have to disassemble to check the trim.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Need the pulley puller to get the P/S off.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can rent the tool from AutoZone and pop off the pulley,looking good,Matty man
Thanks. We don't have Autozone, have Oreillys and Napa on the island. Local Oreillys didn't have it, just have to drive out of my way to get to the other store.
You ever get more gas to finish the welding?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Heads are off...cleaning time.

·
Deputy Director Region 8
2,749 Posts
The V-6 is looking good!!!! And yes I found my gas supplier after they moved,, getting some time in a bit to finish,, Matty man

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got new head gaskets and head bolts on the way. Have to find an alternator bracket (the old one is busted.) POR 15 some brackets, finish cleaning some items. Thinking about doing a light lap job on the valves just for assurance purposes, then get it back together.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alternator bracket found! Lapping on one head done.

Those are the before pics BTW, not the AFTER!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Latest update. Turbo was toasted. Pulled the trigger on a 20g kinugawa turbo. She's on the way, heads are installed, i have a new 255lph pump sitting in the garage waiting for a few slow days to install. It's coming back together, slowly but surely. My hard line is May. Orders to head back stateside.

·
Deputy Director Region 8
2,749 Posts
Nice!! Would love to hear that V-6 run :nanawrench:I hope to get out today to do some welding,,,,, keep the progress coming,, Matty man

1 - 20 of 72 Posts