El Camino Central Forum banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
More than you know. It will be even more fun when I finally get her back on the road.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·

relocated the pass thru for the ECM. Good times!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·

The other end, rats nest!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Good progress on the wiring, do you know where your next port of call will be? You are heading out somewhere new shortly correct? Keep the progress coming,Matty man
Thanks, Yes, and yes we are heading out. The progess has to come. And I'm kind of stuck, other than straight wiring my fuel pump. I can trace my fuel pump power feed line from the smuggler cubby and into the dash, and on the Elky ECM it's fed from the ECM, but on the TY they fed it back though the firewall connector on the driver's side. Racetronix has their "hotwire" kit that runs the 12V straight back, with a hi amp relay, I thought about doing the same, but saving 50 bucks and do it myself.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·

Softmounted the turbo for clearances and tubing. Had a bunch of custom hoses made, 1/2 the cost of doing it myself. Almost there!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·

·
Premium Member
4,667 Posts
Goodly job! :bigups:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Interesting Build :rockon:
I recently sold my heavily modded 91 Syclone and it was extremely impressive in power. At the same time I had a Supercharged Roush Stage III 5.4 3V F150 NIGHTMARE making 500/600 and that little 4.3 Turbo Truck ran circles around it. It's amazing how powerful they can be with the right mods.
Best Of Luck :beer:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
just got her back from the exhaust shop getting new 3" exhaust to help with the breathability. Still have a few leaks to chase down, some wiring to tidy up (tach doesn't work) and some tuning to do, but she's running and driving.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I never saw the truck it came out of, it was a second hand buy.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Managed to get her on the boat and back to the mainland. She's gone through 2 batteries and the colder VA weather and a stuffed garage full of moving supplies is not helping my cause. I did get a MIG welder for my birthday, so much fun and entertainment will be had =)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·

·
Registered
675 Posts
I have watched your build with interest and respect for your skill level. I am a Texan who splits time now in VA. I am retired Air Force and have been in and out of Langley AFB numerous times. When I come back to VA this Spring/Summer, I would love to see this baby in person if that's possible. PM sent.:You_Rock:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I have watched your build with interest and respect for your skill level. I am a Texan who splits time now in VA. I am retired Air Force and have been in and out of Langley AFB numerous times. When I come back to VA this Spring/Summer, I would love to see this baby in person if that's possible. PM sent.:You_Rock:
Sounds good, I responded. She's a basket case now, with a 2 amp draw. I've got to do some of the rushed work and cheap parts to get her off island, but I'll get her right. Got a mig welder for my birthday too!!

41 - 60 of 72 Posts