El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weird scenario..???:???:

Left blinker turned on= all left lights blink, but right side also blinks dimly..front and rear (including R side fender light).

Right blinker turned on= all right blinks except R side fender light-(no left is blinking though)

I changed the signal relay, but not the flasher relay yet.. all lights and flasher work though!

Just bought the car. 68 El Camino pretty much stock-

·
Premium Member
6,131 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,128 Posts
Bad grounds are the cause of a lot of electrical problems, and tail/stop lights seem to get bad grounds over the years, as well as gas tank sender grounds. The rear marker lights have their own ground wire attached to the chassis, and the front markers have their own grounds also, on the radiator core support. According to my wiring diagram, the rear lamp sockets are grounded where they mount in the tail light housings, with a ground tab on the socket. Pull all the tail sockets and clean them up, and put a dab of silicone grease or lithium grease in the sockets under the bulbs, to keep water out.

Do your brake lights work normally ?? They are tied into the turn signal switch.

Hope some of this helps.......

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gary was right!

So,before this happened, I had a guy replace the socket on my rear taillight and he threw in a 'free' bulb- nothin's free..should've known- it was a single filament! Thanks Gary- you just saved me an afternoon of wire hunting!:You_Rock:

·
Registered
214 Posts
So,before this happened, I had a guy replace the socket on my rear taillight and he threw in a 'free' bulb- nothin's free..should've known- it was a single filament! Thanks Gary- you just saved me an afternoon of wire hunting!:You_Rock:
Just don't ask him how he knows!:lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.