El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching the Speed Channel last night and saw a 59 Elky so I watched. It pretty much blew away the competition. It had a .30 over 454 with a Roots style blower and automatic, a 4 link 9" Ford. A fella named Eric was the owner. Any of you Left coasters know this guy? Is he a member? It was a very well done car.

·
932 Posts
Crappy I missed that one also , I watched a few episodes of this show and found the way they judged the vehicles wasn't that fair . You have people buying sportscars and installing a muffler and a set of mags getting better scores then the guys that do full frame off restorations .

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is this the one ?
That's the one.. He seemed like a nice guy. Called it as it was on the other cars. His was the largest margin of victory i've seen. And yes, the judging criteria is all based on crap.. the owners personality and the cars personality.. last i remembered it was the owner that gave the car it's identity.. it's all been chickified..

·
Registered
284 Posts
I remember that episode. He said he didn't intend on the pink, but I like it. If Elvis drove pink cars than that's good enough for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts