El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I want to replace all of the old rubber body mount bushings & hardware on my '77 but I'm having a little difficulty finding replacements. Are you aware of any kits for the 4th gen (rubber, poly, whatever). It seems that there are kits through the 3rd gen then they skip to the 5th gen in Summit & Northern Auto Parts catalogs. Am I just overlooking them or what?
Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
PST suspension has a kit, I think two different ones. You will have to give them a call and the El Camino Store, EC Parts has them also, again you might have to give them a ring or send an e-mail.

By the way you guys are not part of the 4th gen owners user group you should stop by and sign up. Click on Usergroups in the menu at the top.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the input. I called Energy Suspension, PST, and EC Parts. Energy & PST do not carry body mount bushings for the 4th gen. Rick at EC Parts (nice guy) told me they stopped making them for whatever reason and that he cannot get two of the middle bushings any longer (I cannot remember what he called them - maybe numbers 5 & 6?). Anyway, he can get the radiator mount bushings, those at the firewall, and some at the back but he warned me they would be expensive ($10 - $11 each). I think the two right behind the doors he cannot get. Anyway, he said when he could get them, the kit was about $255. 8O
I may just get Eva Gabor (Green Acres) to make some biscuits for me to use. If you've not watched Green Acres, forget that last comment.
Anyway, my smashed rubber bushings are suddenly looking mighty fine.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
You might look into a set for the 72 El Caminos. I don't know for sure what differences there are but they could work. If yours are in really bad shape you need to replace them. Maybe GM has them in just stock rubber.

I can't believe they just stopped making them. :evil: That just sucks!

·
Registered
794 Posts
I'm looking for a complete set as well for a 74. If I find em on the market I'll post it, and if anyone out there finds a place to purchase a complete set, please post it.
Thanx,
Lee

1 - 7 of 7 Posts