El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
813 Posts
I am in the same boat....floor pans and even my frame has rot. I have seen OPGI.COM had some but I dont know what I am going to do yet.

·
932 Posts
I had the same issue under the bed in the area above the axle on my 72, had a couple support braces with lots of rust . I made the braces and out of sheet metal ,just bent them up with my vise and hand break because i didn't have a proper large metal break . If you are not comfortable bending them up go to your local fabricator give them the measurements and they should be able to break upthe newmetal in 10 -20 minutes . Some of corrugated arear under the bed I welded in flat stock as it wouldn't be seen and didn't need any structural strength.

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
NPD National Parts Depot. Not sure if they have a place up there in the NE where shipping would not double parts cost. There is one in Ocala that is nearly local down here.

I think the website is npdlink.com Go to Chevelle and then to El Camino

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered everything from Harmon's as they had the best price. It's being drop shipped truck frieght from Pennsylvania. Even Sherman body parts didn't have everything on their web site. This won't be the end of it either...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts