El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some three or so years ago we restored a 71 SS Camino. It was a really nice job although I didn't think that the owner went far enough with the work at the time. Anyway... Last week we had some bad weather (no shock for Texas and spring time) the owner of this Elky had his house hit by either a Tornado or some straight line winds in excess of 100 Mph tore up this guys house and the garage ceiling fell in on the Elky and crushed the roof.

The insurance Company call us to find out what it would cost to replace the roof. I have to find a vendor or a Junk yard that has a top and doors for that Elky. Goodmark will be selling the Door Shells in another month or so and no one that I have found sells the roof (Cab Top) does anyone else know of a place?

·
Registered
123 Posts
You might get a used one from memory lane yard in california. I found one for a '66 elco I used to have. The roof and shipping were more than the '66 was worth though. Good Luck!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I know a guy up here in washington with a 72 elky parts car- I'm sure he would have no problem cutting off the roof to sell- but I have no clue how the shipping would work for something that big....

If you can't find one closer, let me know and I can talk to the guy. Hopefully you will be able to find one closer....

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on Goodmark to come out with the door shells... They usually start saying an item will be available in a month- about a year before they actually start selling it... 8O

You might post on chevelles.com 's parts section. I've had lots of luck finding parts through there...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Try CTC Auto Ranch between Denton and Sanger right off of I35.
Their website lists the following El Caminos as parts cars:
59 EL CAMINO 60 EL CAMINO
64 EL CAMINO 65 EL CAMINO
68 EL CAMINO 72 EL CAMINO
75 EL CAMINO SS 78 EL CAMINO
80 EL CAMINO 79 GMC CABALARO

http://www.ctcautoranch.com/part_cars/index.shtml

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I'll just go to them and take a look see. I saw a 50 Panel that I could be highly interested in. I am looking for actually a 52 ~ 54 Panel. I need a Custom Hauler for the 72 Elky when it is complete. The 50 might do and if so and there is not really much horribly wrong with theirs I could make them an offer on what they have. I only need the body everything else will be replaced.

I figure to put a big fat Fuel Injected Rat in one with a 3/4 ton rear end good strong Manual overdrive customize the body and I will have a Hauler for my trucks when I go to show or track. I don't want to pull anything with my Elkys. I have a 93 Pickup but I'd look a whole lot better pullin' up in a 53 or 54 Custom truck with my Elky behind it. 8) :-D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts