El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have all of the body side moulding off my 86 while it is in the paint shop. I have been thinking about having them chrome plated and was wondering if there where any opinions on this.

·
Supporting Member
4,727 Posts
Others may have specific knowledge on this. My first opinion was that the chrome may not "stick", since I think the mouldings are Stainless Steel. They could be polished.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike, I probably should have been more specific. The mouldings I was referring to are the anodized alunimum ones that were part of the two-tone paint option, not the stainless bed mouldings on all models. My side mouldings have the hazy look common on 25+ year old trim. My thinking was to strip the anodizing, fix the minor dents and dings, then chrome plate. Upkeep then would be same as bumpers. But adding in the front pilars, roof drip rails, windshield trim, and rocker panels, it may just be better to go with repro parts. My Caballero is my daily driver, but like probably most everyone on this site, I do like to keep it looking 'sharp'.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.