El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some searching on the site and found plenty of info on aluminum radiators, but everyone switched to electric fans when they bought one. I'm looking a drop-in, bolt-in, hook up the hoses and fan shroud and go aluminum radiator for less than $300.

Suggestions, links and/or info all appreciated.

Thanks!

-Dave

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the kind of thing I'm looking for. Any input on performance so far? I tow with the car regularly, so the 4 row you referenced would be ideal. :You_Rock:

·
2,566 Posts
No issues at all! I've had it since 11/10. First one developed a slight leak and they replaced it free. They said I should have mixed distilled water with the coolant not tap water. But they were good about it. Used premixed in the replacement and all is well.

·
Registered
929 Posts
No issues at all! I've had it since 11/10. First one developed a slight leak and they replaced it free. They said I should have mixed distilled water with the coolant not tap water. But they were good about it. Used premixed in the replacement and all is well.
Can you just use the regular green coolant? Not much to it than a little tweaking of the shroud and a radiator flush?

·
2,566 Posts
Yeah green coolant. Just that the vendor reccommends distilled water mixed with it or pre-mixed.
I bought this one because I'm not a big fan of crimped on plastic tanks. Yeah they work. The one in my 99 tahoe is just starting to seep a bit. But they also look a bit cheap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts