El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 1974 El Camino to use for parts in another that is being restored. It's in pretty bad shape but seemed to have a rusted police type of badge and spotlight installed on it. I was wondering if anyone knew about El Camino's being used as police cars? I've searched online but found nothing. Wondering if someone simply installed these things for use as a security car or as a gimmick. Does anyone know anything about this?

Registered
Recently purchased a 1974 El Camino to use for parts in another that is being restored. It's in pretty bad shape but seemed to have a rusted police type of badge and spotlight installed on it. I was wondering if anyone knew about El Camino's being used as police cars? I've searched online but found nothing. Wondering if someone simply installed these things for use as a security car or as a gimmick. Does anyone know anything about this?
Could be a privately owned security vehicle. If you decide to get rid of the spot light I would like to see it. Have a great day 馃弫馃槑

Deputy Director, Region 4
I remember seeing a different type of Malibu-based police car in Huntsville Alabama in the late eighties but now I don't remember if it was an El Camino or station wagon. Think it was an El Camino. But I also think it was a fifth gen rather than fourth gen.

If you are lucky and pull the seat out you might find a build sheet stuck into the springs that would show if it came from the factory with police equipment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts