El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1960 El Camino 350, 5 speed, GM 12 Bolt, 4 wheel disk brakes, air
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
couple more pictures... aluminum angles installed, & cooler boxes foamed...

now a rounded tip wire brush in the drill, & an 8" level, & I'll final shape the foam interior of the coolers, before coating with the bed liner material... the aluminum angles will hold and support the 2" foam board, that will be set in, as the tops of the coolers, before the bed is reinstalled

o-ring sealed boat hatches, that will be the cooler doors set in place...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
templates for the two outer pieces of bed floor are at my fabricator buddies shop to get plasma cut... decided to go thicker with the bed floor, going full 1/8"... don't think I'll regret that... not trying to build a light weight dragster... it'll be more lead sled than anything... but with the wider & thicker ribs under the bed, & the 1 1/2" strips of steel running the seams in the bed, between the ribs, & then adding the stainless bed strips, I'm thinking I could easily do heavy hauling if needed... you know, like big dairy princesses in a parade ;)

I will be leading the Eddie Cochran Car Cruise this Saturday with the car ( last year we had 465 cars & split in 2 groups going opposite directions... getting to meet up & see the whole other 1/2 group on a long straight stretch of road ) will be trying to do the same this Saturday... if any of you guys are close enough to come, we'll be leaving from the old Shopko parking lot on the north side of town at 2:00 PM, you're welcome to come, in anything classic ( including the modern vettes, Camaros, & Mustangs & such )
more on the car cruze here...

sorry about the short notice, but I had just a brutal week at work this week, with the high temps, & humidity... supposed to be cooler & drier this saturday...

if you can come down... look me up... I'll be driving the car in my 1st post of this thread...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Foam mostly shaped ( burned through to the fiberglass in a couple spots, so I have a few spots to touch up with aerosol foam, Then finish with the 1st coat of spray in bed liner on the foam

had to pick up a special sized holesaw, that I'll use to open up around the drain holes ( it's the same size as the stainless rings I made for the drains ) once the foam is removed down to the fiberglass around the drain hole, that area can get sprayed with the bed liner, then holes drilled & drains mounted

21 - 23 of 23 Posts