El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mechanic says this 305 was in a 75 or 76 vette but no shop in Nevada says that motor exists

·
Premium Member
8,540 Posts
Mine had a TH350 when my son bought it,with a 305 engine. You could have a 2004r put in it, just need to make changes to the cross member so the mount will fit.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Corvette 305 was 1980, auto with California emissions.
What year Camino do you have and what trans does it have? The T-350 was really common and will replace the fifth gen’s 200C with very little change.
Patrick

·
Registered
639 Posts
Actually, any of GM TH350, 2004r, or 700r4 auto trans will fit. However, it all depends on what was in there (transmission crossmember, driveshaft, etc.), what you want it to finally be, and how much your budget can withstand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Th350 it is im going to take a hard look for U
It had the stock v6 2.3l in it the v8 305 won't fit it the stock transmission is in bad shape so i don't mind replacing it but i dont wanna buy something that will give me another setback also worried about new v8 motor new transmission and 40 year old rear end giving me problems welp!!!

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Th350 it is im going to take a hard look for U
It had the stock v6 2.3l in it the v8 305 won't fit it the stock transmission is in bad shape so i don't mind replacing it but i dont wanna buy something that will give me another setback also worried about new v8 motor new transmission and 40 year old rear end giving me problems welp!!!
you had a v6 in it? ooo, you might want to check your rear gears :love:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts