El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kicking the idea around for a Region 13
Bracket Race. Any interest?
Location depends on number of entries and geographic area ..Date to be announced..
Dial in only.
NO electronics..delay boxes…electric shift..
Winner takes all🏁😎
Chime in if your down for a friendly whooping 😂

·
Director Region 19 Owner of the KLRMino
1,751 Posts
sign me up

but I do know you Texas boys don’t do to much Whooping, but Whining on the other hand 😆

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
sign me up

but I do know you Texas boys don’t do to much Whooping, but Whining on the other hand 😆
I know you ain't talkin to me cuz I ain't from here

and the only ones doin any Whoop(ing) are the ones who went to A&M
(I promised my mother I'd go to a better school out of state)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sign me up

Bring it 😎remember this is a dial in bracket race.. not heads up

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm in. where are we talking about? I'm in Orange Texas.
There are a couple of tracks I’m in discussion with. Cedar creek 1/8 mile and Extreme Raceway Park.. then there is Little River in Belton also a 1/8 mile.
Stay tuned 🏁😎
AA7E14C8-1384-4648-A63D-CDE32C3A9D8D.jpeg

·
Registered
584 Posts
There are a couple of tracks I’m in discussion with. Cedar creek 1/8 mile and Extreme Raceway Park.. then there is Little River in Belton also a 1/8 mile.
Stay tuned 🏁😎 View attachment 139470
Little River is 1/4 mile expect for the points races and some of the faster races.

Reactions: Beige80

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,676 Posts
Depends on time and place, but consider me interested.

Reactions: Beige80

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
What part of Texas are we talking about? I'm down for a spanking (giving or taking). My new engine will be ready to run in a few weeks.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the interest Matt. 2 tracks are in east Tx and Little river is In Belton Tx just outside of Waco.
Really depends on how many and what is best for the group. Your thoughts??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Still building my '60 but would definitely like to see the show. Hoping we can fit the 6.2L into the 60, they said they haven't done it before....

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Still building my '60 but would definitely like to see the show. Hoping we can fit the 6.2L into the 60, they said they haven't done it before....
That’s gonna be a handful when done.🏁😎

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Thanks for the interest Matt. 2 tracks are in east Tx and Little river is In Belton Tx just outside of Waco.
Really depends on how many and what is best for the group. Your thoughts??
East Texas would be awesome. I'm coming from New Orleans and have family I visit often just North of Houston. Waco isn't out of the question but the further East, the more likely I will be able to make it. It definitely sounds like fun and I'd love to meet more people el caminos. I got mine back in January and haven't even seen another el camino since then. Please keep me updated.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Makes me wish I still had my previous toy. I had a show/race truck. Dont laugh, it's was a 2007 Dodge Ram. It had a built 426 hemi that dyno'd 760 naturally aspirated with a 250 shot of nos. Ran the quarter in 10.65 at 128mph. Darn truck surprised a lot of folks because it was heavy and about as aerodynamic as a brick. Here are pictures of her in street trim
IMG_3297.JPG

. She was called Rolling Thunder.

·
Registered
584 Posts
East Texas would be awesome. I'm coming from New Orleans and have family I visit often just North of Houston. Waco isn't out of the question but the further East, the more likely I will be able to make it. It definitely sounds like fun and I'd love to meet more people el caminos. I got mine back in January and haven't even seen another el camino since then. Please keep me updated.
According to Google coming from NOLA it’s 7.5 hours to Xtreme Raceway Park and 7 hrs 55 minutes to Little River according to google, and Cedar Creek is 7 hrs 21 minutes. Xtreme is a nice facility and is only a couple years old. Texas Motorplex is 7 hrs 45 minutes from NOLA. Quite a drive for any of them.

For me Xtreme is 2 hrs 18 minutes and Cedar Creek is 2.5 hours. Texas Motorplex is about 2 hrs 10 minutes and Little River is about a half hour.

Little River and Texas Motorplex are both 1/4 mile tracks, while the other two are 1/8 mile.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts