El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of our members, Archie Fitzgerald ("Menatour") is wanting to organize meets and shows in the area of Bristol, Tennessee. If you are from the 5-State area near Bristol, and are interested in a gathering of like-minded El Camino owners, please respond here or communicate directly with "Menatour" via Private Message. Members in this area have long asked for area activities, and now someone has stepped forward to help with just that. Let's show some support for his efforts..................Ken

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thank you Ken

I would like to take the moment to reach out to other members to take this opportunity to suggest any ideas/thoughts on meeting/shows. Any help/suggestions is very welcome.
I am located in the Bristol TN area, and Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg is quite close, so we have a nice place to meet and go shopping! (ok, it would be the girl who goes shopping on my side) :)
I really look forward to getting some gatherings set up and having a great time meeting with like minded car enthusiast!
Please feel free to contact me, I look forward to hearing from you.

Archie

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Archie; You and I have the same thought pattern. The only times I've seen another El Camino and 1 Caballero is when I went to Carlisle, Pa a few years ago. About 25 other members there and I meet Jim from Richmond, Va there & and another guy in the Hillsbourgh area too. Lets do it. My phone is 434-579-2221 and I'm over here in South Boston, Va 24592 Michael Rhyne:happy::happy:

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Area Members Message

I sent a message to all of the surrounding States and Regions. Members who want additional information should contact "Menatour" directly via PM or eMail him at [email protected]ail.com. Please offer any assistance and/or support that you can..................Ken

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Archie you have my phone number and email in a private message I sent you. If you'd like to be helped or guided in the right direction just call or email. Thanks, Geno

:happy:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Good Morning!
Pardon delay, I have been Alabama for the past two weeks and left laptop at home like a true llama.
I am excited to see all the responses and I am looking forward to getting a date scheduled in for meeting up.
Pigeon Forge and Bristol area. It will be fun to get to look at more than one El Camino in a given place and look forward to getting to see others!!

Any suggestions on dates etc, please feel free to contact me direct or on here.

Archie

·
Registered
160 Posts
Archie; You and I have the same thought pattern. The only times I've seen another El Camino and 1 Caballero is when I went to Carlisle, Pa a few years ago. About 25 other members there and I meet Jim from Richmond, Va there & and another guy in the Hillsbourgh area too. Lets do it. My phone is 434-579-2221 and I'm over here in South Boston, Va 24592 Michael Rhyne:happy::happy:
I think the area gives us a nice place to hang out, PLENTY to do for everyone. I was thinking somewhere in late March, early April, depending on weather etc.

Archie

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I hope you put a flyer on here or PM a few of the serious ones that you have made contact with, like me. (that is if you don't put out a flyer, since it will be a slight road trip for me unless I come over the night before and then find a cheap motel or just crash in the back of my car.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,473 Posts
Good to see that Archie has stepped up and offered to organize a get together in the Bristol area . Hope that those of you that are able to , will participate by attending . Always a good time when NECOA/El Camino owners can meet .

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Let me Know What...............

We will be putting out a flyer and PM all those interested for sure, elcaminogeno has been extremely helpful as I am not all knowing :)
If it's here in Bristol you can always crash in the spare room here.

Archie

Let me know what NECOA logos or other images you need for your event(s) flyer(s) Archie. We're all standing by to assist in any way we may. I'm thrilled to see the early response to a gathering in a new area for NECOA activity. When your plans are firmed up, I'll be sure that one of our Founders, Dan Smith, who lives in Chattanooga, is aware of your gathering. Dan started the NECOA back in the early 2000s, then merged it with elcaminocentral in late 2002/early 2003. elcaminocentral was founded by Robert More, of Round Rock, TX. We have a lot to thank those two men for!..........Ken

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Let me know what NECOA logos or other images you need for your event(s) flyer(s) Archie. We're all standing by to assist in any way we may. I'm thrilled to see the early response to a gathering in a new area for NECOA activity. When your plans are firmed up, I'll be sure that one of our Founders, Dan Smith, who lives in Chattanooga, is aware of your gathering. Dan started the NECOA back in the early 2000s, then merged it with elcaminocentral in late 2002/early 2003. elcaminocentral was founded by Robert More, of Round Rock, TX. We have a lot to thank those two men for!..........Ken
So everyone knows, I am a Deputy Director in Region 14 but I consider myself more of a "Facilitator" or "Coordinator". I will help any member in any Region to put on a Meet & Greet, Get-Together or
Cruise-In. The first step is that if your not a Director (Deputy, Regional, etc.) is to contact your Regions Directors and they will point you in the right direction. After that Ken (National Director) will pick up on it and start emailing the members. From there you decide the where, when, date, time. You can start local and go from there. As time goes by hopefully you can go further out to include other Regions so it gets bigger and eventually it turns into a yearly event like a show or cruise-in, etc.

This is how it all starts and hopefully generates more involvement in the NECOA. Me and Smokey love to go driving in the Elky and I get people asking all the usual things about Elkies. And anyone who knows me I drive my Elky like I stole it. Driving my Elky makes me feel like I'm 17 again.

You just gotta decide to have some sort of event to bring the NECOA and it's members together. Best bet is to start in your hometown and go outward from there. MY proudest moment is when I helped to get an El Camino class in my hometown's Car Show - Cave City Cruisers - I am a member of this Club too.

Thanks for viewing and just get out there and plan an event.

Geno and Smokey

Smokey is my GSD and she's probably smarter than your dog and even some people I know. LOL

:patriot: 82nd AIRBORNE - YOU CALL WE FALL - NO JOB TOO LARGE OR SMALL

:beer: BEERS AND HOT WINGS MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER dqu

·
Registered
160 Posts
Good morning All,
I have been trying to find a reasonable place to meet up without any real headaches in Pigeon Forge, have a few places willing to let us park for a day without repercussions :)
Wanted to get this out to get feedback on a good solid date.
Any suggestions/ideas?

Archie

1 - 20 of 31 Posts