El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have euro style buckets out of a 78 monte. I bought mounting brackets from dixie monte carlo. not quiet sure how they fit dixie told me that they would need a little twicking. I am not quiet sure just how much and where.also i have a hurst promatic shifter. I bought brackets for shifter from dixie monte also do i just weld in one or both they are the same. I have a cutlass console 78 also i,m going to have a black piece of Plexiglas cut where the old piece went for on top that showed shift pattern removing the ashtray. Anyone that has done this or something similar have any advice? photos or anything you can offer i would appreciate.:dontknow: :dontknow:

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
O.K., lots of questions there, I hope I can help. To start with everything I tell you is what I found in the Pinkomeano. First it had 60/40 bench. When I remove it I found it had 2 sets of bolts for the back on the tracks. I removed those, put in new bolts (with big washers so they don't pull back up through the floor) and put spacers under the rear to bring the seat up even. The fronts just bolted back in place. So depending on your sliders you should be able to work with some of the original ones, if not, cut them off and drill new hole (careful where you drill)
I did a test fit first for everything then put the seats in.
I don't know your shifter ( I used a B&M Quick Silver) but the key is to get the console arm rest and the shifter in a comfortable possession. When you run your cable for the shifter make sure you drill at a angle and make sure your cable is long enough not to bind going back into the trans.
None of it was hard just take your time and check REAL good before drilling any holes, (trans hate it when you drill into them!!)
It's not much but my CPU crashed and these are the only pics I have left of it
Here is the bolt pattern

These are Vette seats I had in it for a little while then I put some racing buckets in

Every case is different but ( you can do it!!!:nanawrench:)
Hope it helps
Donny

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
mine had bucket seat holes and the bracket for the center console already there
i too run a cutlass interior in my 81 let me know if ya need a picture or two :beer:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys !! I will let you know how it turns out.I have a few up dated pics in photo gallery. I was at the shop working today but I didn't take camera. I will update pics soon.:beer:

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
I just finished installing the bucket seat mounts so I can help.
You''ll need to remove or pull back the carpet since they get welded in.

With the bucket seats out and the tracks still mounted on the bottoms of the seats, set one of the seats over the existing mount bolts. You'll probably need to put the nut on the front stud since the seat tends to rock upward.

Next, place the new mounts under the front and back inner mount pads of the seat. It will be obvious which mount is which. With the new mounts in place, use a marker to draw an outline around each new mount. Remove the seat.

The new mounts will need some bending with vise grips or similar to get them to match the contour of the floor. Once you have them bent close enough, you need to tack weld them in place.

Then make sure the seat still fits all four mounts. If so, finish welding the mounts and repeat for the other seat.

Since my welding leaves something (actually, a lot) to be desired, I also riveted the mounts just before I did the finish welding.

Jack

1 - 5 of 5 Posts