El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone that is not from the rust belt have seat tracks for bucket seats for a fifth generation for sale. I actually just need the drivers bucket seat tracks mainly. I will buy both sets of seat tracks if price is right.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I think the reason the seat tracks rust so bad is when the heater core starts leaking owners don't notice it right away & let it go until it's too late & then don't follow up by changing the carpet & cleaning up the mess.Mine were rusted real bad,one foot completely rusted off.Hard to find decent used ones also.I changed mine out on passenger side.Still looking for driver side tracks.BTW bucket seat tracks are the same as bench seat tracks & left & right seat tracks are the same also.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Not too long ago I was at a Pick and Pull and I saw a newer ( early 90's ) Oldsmobile with identical bucket seats that are in my 1987 El Camino. I was shocked because this was a vehicle made several years after 1987. These were factory bucket seats, the vehicle was a total wreck due to an accident however, it was completely original and was very clean inside ( Grandma vehicle ). This was the smaller Oldsmobile, not a " G " body car, that too surprised me! My thoughts are that even though the last years for El Camino and Monte Carlo were 1987 (1988), they still kept the same seats and frames reserved for smaller GM cars. That said, don't limit yourself to " G " body bucket seat tracks, these were EXACTLY the same seats as mine, and the mounts were exactly the same.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I have both sides,driver&pass for 80.00 shipped.or just the driver side for 50.00 shipped.pm if interested.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have both sides,driver&pass for 80.00 shipped.or just the driver side for 50.00 shipped.pm if interested.

I found a set locally. thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had the same rust problem and solved it with an electric seat track from an Olds Cutlass G Body for thr drivers side, remember, everything on the drivers side is always worn, rusted, missing, bent, twisted or disconnected.:nanawrench:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts