El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got some bucket seats from an earlier MCSS from Juggypile last week that had no tracks, and I went to give them a test fit today before I dyed them.

I have a split bench in my 87, so I took off the tracks from it and swapped them over to the bucket seat, no problem. However, when installed in the bucket seat, the tracks are about 1" more narrow than how they were in the split bench.

What do I need to do to get these to fit? When I measured the bolt holes on the seats, the split bench is spaced 14 3/8" apart and the bucket is about 13 3/8".

What is the best move here? Do I get different floor mounts (I hope not, I can't weld), or can I modify the brackets some way or do I just need to shop for the correct brackets? Any advice?

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
You need bucket seats tracks,, the bucket seats have two mounting holes and the bench, split seats only have one hole,, get ya tracks from a bucket seat and you are all set,, Matty man

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By mounting holes are you talking about where they go on the floor pan? Because my tracks for my split bench have two holes in the back on each side (4 total) and 2 up front that go to the bolts on the floor brackets. Or do you mean that the bucket tracks have two sets of mounting holes for the seats themselves? If someone has a pic, I would greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Yes sorry two FRONT mounting holes that bolt to the floor pan,, all seat tracks have the two in the back,, two up front,, Matty man

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well crap! Tracks are a pita to find. Time to go see if I can get the guy with the rusted out MCSS in town to go a little lower on some of the parts (he has buckets) and hope the tracks aren't toast.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Check with Mike at Mikes Montes,, google for the #,, he always has good parts and I would bet he has a set to ship right out to ya,, Matty man

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again Matt. Called Mike and he had one set sitting there. Said he never puts them on the website otherwise he would always be out of them. Should be on their way to me soon. Hate paying $85 for them, but the buckets arent worth a darn without them :poke:

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Maybe a little late now that you ordered, but could could you have drilled another pr of mounting holes in the floorboard & used large washers to reinforce area & cover other holes?
Just thinkin, I have no seat swap experience.:dontknow: But I have used SEM spray & do recommend it.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
jlcustom,,, Thats not a good idea because of the issue if you get into a wreck,, God forbid,, there would not be enough "metal" there to hold on an impact,, the way the mounting brackets (that weld to the floor) are made you could not redrill & reenforce,, I like your thinki` though just not for the seats,, Matty man

1 - 11 of 11 Posts