El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to have easy access to the rear compartment where the Spare is ( Spare will go out into the Bed) My ? is , What Seats from other GM Models will fit just perfect? Any tips ? Maybe newer Type buckets ? I have the 60/40 with Lumbar support now ( They say these Velour are the top of the line Bench Seat for the elkys) Who Cares. I just don't like them. Any Help for me :0? Thanks people.

·
1,867 Posts
Love my 95 Z24 seats. The rear brackets bolted right up, The front were a inch to inch 1/2 longer so I made some little plates to bolt them to the factory places. They do offer alot easier access to the rear.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I take a look at them What exact make and model care are they out of? Z24 ?? Nissan?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Bucket Seats

Hi Bernie, I just went thru this change over a couple weeks ago.I also had the same seats and even had them covered about two years ago.I just didn't like them.There are several Buckets that will bolt right in to your existing seat tracks,since you have the 60/40 seats you don't have to add any mounts.Any "G"model,like Monte Carlo,Grand Prix,Regal and Cutlas will work.I also been reading from other members there are other models of vehicles that will fit, maybe they can help with them.I found a pair from a 87 Grand Prix and had them recovered.If you are planning to install a console you will need the mounts for the shifter as well as the ones for the console,I used the console and shifter from a 85 Monte Carlo also the steering column .A space saver tire was also used to allow for more space .Good Luck in your project,Its much better with the Buckets!!

·
1,867 Posts
GM, Z24 Caviler . Most GM intermidiates will fit. Grand prixs have nice buckets.

·
1,867 Posts
For pics of my seats. go to 5th gen, bottom of 5th page.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
There are numerous choices here...the cheapest is to find a set at a boneyard that are in good shape the color you need and do not need to be recoverd. If they are out of a G-body they will bolt right in...if they need to be recovered, kits are available from a few sources and you can make even the poorest set look like brand new. You can probably install just about any other type into your Elky, by making some custom brackets if necessary...just make sure they are not too wide or too high to fit in your Elky. I have been looking at a set out of a 3rd gen GM F-body (Camaros' and Trans Ams). They offer more protection than G-body seats on the sides so that its harder to slide out of the seat sideways during high speed turns. I also recently received info on Corbeau seats, they make a bolt in bucket seat that will fit, available with the seat tracks and racing style shoulder harness...they are expensive but they do look very nice (color choices are limited). I think I may go with the F-body seats due to looks, cost and availability.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. I just need to know what seats would adapt with no hassels. My stock interior is very clean now (blue velore) I'm just preparing for when I pull all interior/Glass and the front end body parts off Yes! Everything for Paint. I'm thinking of a nice leather Tweed combo for the Upholstery. Haven't decided on what color paint. Sure love Silver :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts