El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So got a buddy who found out I bought an El Camino and turns out he has a pair of folding bucket seats and center console with auto shifter. It's a 69 impala, any idea this stuff will work in my 72 with bench seats and column shift.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I dont know for sure if the seats would be a direct bolt in or not,, but the center console would take some fab work,, close in the same years so it may look "factory",, post some pics when ya can,, can you weld and fab some brackets for the console?? The shifter should be good on the center console if your bud gives that with it,, but you will have a column shifter and a center console one,, you can get a I Did It or Flaming river column if you go with a console shifter,, sounds like a good swap IMO.. Matty man

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found where the seat frame is the same but tracks might be different, haven't found info on tracks yet. This guy actually owns four salvage yards and he's a motor head, he thinks he knows where an SS dash is so hoping to get column as well

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
**** that overpriced BS^^^^ just go the keyser route and "make your own"!!!:nanawrench.I have a column from a 73 gp,do some homework and find out if it will work on your 72 & ill get it out to you for 75.00 shipped.sorry I cant help with the console/seat fitment,but as mentioned above nothing a Lil "meSure twice,weld once"cant solve.good luck!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh trust me, I'm not gonna pay an arm an a leg for an SS dash, hoping for a bargain, I know these guys pretty well. I've fixed a number of cars for them in the past, he knows he'll need help someday in return.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts