El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 84 Elky with a split bench seat, I want to install bucket seats. I haven't been able to find a useable set of buckets out of an Elky or Monte Carlo in the boneyards in my area, but I have found a nice pair out of a 1985 IROC Camaro. Does anyone know if the Camaro buckets will bolt to the Elkys seat tracks?

·
Banned
881 Posts
Yes the Camaro seats will work. But, you'll still need a set of G-body bucket seat tracks. The seat tracks from your split bench are different and won't work with the bucket seats.

:mrgreen:

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
I searched my local boneyard and the best I could come up with was a set of buckets from a 87 Pontiac Formula. Re-taped the mounting points and used my original set tracks...worked for me. Anything was better than the original bench seat that was so flat that it wasn't even comfortable to drive...

·
Banned
881 Posts
I have a full bench seat with a center arm rest in my 87 El Camino and bucket seats in my 86 Monte Carlo SS. I actually prefer the bench seat. The buckets get uncomfortable on a long trip.

:mrgreen:

·
1,867 Posts
I love the fact that I have buckets & center console. I just need to find a better set of buckets. The factory vinyl need to go.

·
1,867 Posts
I want something will more lumbar support & more adjustiablity.

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
Tommy Robinson said:
I want something will more lumbar support & more adjustiablity.
Tommy, look at the pictures of Roberts Elky (acauth1). He used 98-00 Firebird seats I think, that's what I've been trying to find...

·
1,867 Posts
How do you think a set of seats from a 95 Z24 would look?

·
1,867 Posts
I decided to get the Z24 seats. They are black velour will grey in the middle. I will install them soon & take pics. They look like a good fit.

·
1,867 Posts
I think the seats worked great. I modified the front brackets & it worked great. They make driving the mino much more fun. I added pics to my gallery. 5th gen, page 5, 78 Camino SS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts