El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have decided to sell my 455 Buick powered Elky. It has earned me 7 Super Chevy best in Class awards and many hours of enjoyment building and driving
BUT it is time to let someone else feel what it is like all they want. The last couple of years I only drive it because it needs to be driven some. I have been considering it for awhile. Decided to pull the trigger.

I see I can't post a link. Miami CL # 7256678398

·
Registered
1981 El Camino, 4-Speed w/ factory Hurst Shifter, 400ci small block
465 Posts
I just saw your Craigslist add. Holy Moly!!!
Best wishes selling your truck. That is one incredible build!

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks Patrick. I hadn't even thought about logging back in and posting it up there.
Thanks for the compliments and well wishes everybody.

Here is a link to the engine build thread from our sight. Engine pics start on page 1 Post #16
Can't leave well enough alone
Link to pictures from original build process
Elky build process

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - 2013 Founders' Award Re
3,705 Posts
I have a doctors order to lock you up and I will be there as soon as they let ME OUT. "SAY WHAT" If I were to do the same that could be enough to cause the virus to go away. Seriously what are you going to do the wagon does not work for a fun car the truck is kool but not enough, so is it to be another Gen Elky, tell us.

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Jay and I are trying to get hold of Joan to try and get an update.

JUST TALKED TO HIM! IT WAS A REACTION TO SEEING I HAD MY ELKY FOR SALE.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,590 Posts
This is Lenny`s wife . After hearing blood curdling screams coming from the computer room , I found Lenny floundering around on the floor . We rushed him to the hospital in an unconscious state and the doctors are doing the best they can to revive him . For now , all he can keep repeating is " noooo , nooo , it cannot be " ! Stay tuned :oops:
Sorry for what I thought was a funny reaction to Neil saying he is selling his Camino . My lesson is that I should have posted a LOL after my comment . Thank you for your concerns and caring enough to post . In the meantime I hope that someone that appreciates a great build will purchase 464`s Elky .

Reactions: EdontheBeach

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,590 Posts
Anyone that is looking for a Camino to be proud of and have a TOTALLY rebuilt , dependable , sit you back in your seat , gone through fabulous ride , needs to look at Neil`s build . Click on the links in post # 8 for details and photos . Someone is going to get a great Camino that will make your heart smile :cool:

·
Deputy Regional Director, Region 6
2,001 Posts
No one can argue with that. Very thorough restoration. Can't imagine not having it anymore.
R/T

1 - 20 of 34 Posts