El Camino Central Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,657 Posts
I am very surprised that someone has not jumped on this most excellent Camino . With a total rebuild by a retired Master Mechanic that really knows Caminos like the back of his hand ., what a deal !

·
Deputy National Director
10,256 Posts
saw Neil's old ride on facebook
guy from Alabama is selling it for $28,500
he says there was 75K spent on build

·
Premium Member
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I don't know where he got that 75K figure! I didn't have anywhere near that in it. If I had paid myself $3.00 an hour it might have gotten close. LOL Have never talked to the purchaser.

·
Deputy National Director
10,256 Posts
now the guy says it has a 25K paint job done by this shop ? Wayne Clark’s Paint and Body Shop, Port St Lucie, Fl. 772- 626-4534

·
Premium Member
6,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
paint was done by Wayne but it was done in 2009, yes 09. In todays world the job would probably cost every bit of that.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,657 Posts
It has been a while since I had the privilege of being able to go to Wayne`s garage with Neil . Fabulous to see the facility , all the great work they were doing and future projects . That the new owner is selling the Camino so soon is surprising but understand that others are always moving in and out of vehicles . Several years ago , Neil and I were on the road and he offered me the opportunity to drive his Camino and hit the loud pedal . I can still remember that sweet feeling of being nailed back into the seat . When you look at the binder of photos of his total and unusual build , many of are very envious of the new owner and Neil`s talent and imagination :)

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
At first glance it's a very nice, sedate build.

The more you look, the farther your jaw drops. Nice is an understatement.

Reactions: Lenny Carey
21 - 34 of 34 Posts