El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Our fifth gen bumpers are ugly---that is a major help. how much did you have to remove to get it tucked like that?

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Looks awesome......are you gonna share your secrets?

·
Registered
3,714 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for looking .
here's a pic I think I cut like 2.5"on both sides

I have the bumper pushed back as far as I could so I had to trim I think it was .25"off the ends

I spot welded and test fit it on the truck

Than i filled my nasty body work with some filler and painted to match the body color

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
The bumper looks great. What had to be modified to set the bumper back under the grill. I see the fillers are removed but i'm wondering about the mounts.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The bumper looks great. What had to be modified to set the bumper back under the grill. I see the fillers are removed but i'm wondering about the mounts.
I read some where you drill a hole in the shock. Drain the oil and push it back where you want it. Than weld it . My truck didn't come with the bumper mounts i made my own. That's what happens when you buy something someone else took a part. And tell you its all in the boxes.:dontknow:

·
Master Dipstick
544 Posts
Looks great, seems to be the thing to do... I'm almost done with mine I'm working on the filler pieces now. Your pics look very familiar, my daughter just noticed the pictures i was looking at and said Dad is everybody doing that to their car like you did? LOL NICE JOB ....

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
very cool, GM should have done it that way. You could weld and grind and then chrome it. Did you do the rear also?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
very cool, GM should have done it that way. You could weld and grind and then chrome it. Did you do the rear also?
The rear will have to wait . I should have waited to do the front . I still have a ton of other stuff I should be doing. I just couldn't wait .

Looks great, seems to be the thing to do... I'm almost done with mine I'm working on the filler pieces now. Your pics look very familiar, my daughter just noticed the pictures i was looking at and said Dad is everybody doing that to their car like you did? LOL NICE JOB ....
I saw a pic of one on here . Can't remember who's it was . Another member from here gave me another web forum with more info and pics. Was very helpful. When you get yours done lets see some pics

1 - 18 of 18 Posts