El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Woody took the time to make this himself! How cool is that?!!

The special Busted Knuckle Award from Woody was because he likes to see me cry!:poke:
When Carlos was ruined, and I thought I'd never be able to get him up and running again, Woody had my back, and listened to all of my crying and freaking out at the time.
Even though Woody wasn't on ECC during that time, he was my biggest cheerleader when I thought Carlos was going to end up being a yard ornament, and kept pushing me to not give up!
What makes this award so meaningful, is that if weren't for my husband and my friends from ECC, I wouldn't have been able to make it to Belton, or run with my amazing Mighty Mouse team mates this year! None of it would have been possible.
I had planned to attend Spring Fling in Tyler, but that didn't happen because we had to take Carlos to Fixitman1 that same weekend.
Roy & Joyce came to my rescue, and THEY did all the wrenching, and knuckle busting, to get Carlos back up and running, my husband busted his rear to work 5 weeks without a full day at home, to be able to afford to pay for the work on Carlos. My family put this project ahead of anything else--and all for ME!
Many of you, were following the story of Carlos, and had lots of advice, comments, and more advice, and I appreciate every one of you!
So this is why I got a little teary eyed when Woody gave me this award...my family and friends are the reason Carlos is back better than ever, and everyone did it for ME.
and Woody, if you ever make me get teary eyed in front of anyone again, I swear I will........still be your friend!!:poke:
Thanks to everyone for making it all possible.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Terry, race or no race show ,or no show ,You are a winner to every one ,your family showed how much they care for you,i was standing right next to your kids when they where saying Way to go mom ! you can do it .and you did ! you have a whole family of winners !! :beer:

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
Sure hope I can get down there next year to meet Tarry/ Triple "D"/ Woody and the rest of the crew. It's not the drive it's the gas that's crazy but it takes crazy and at least a week to get the full effect of Texas hospitality (recoup) for the drive home.:You_Rock:

I saw a lot of pictures the other day. Was that event for El Camino's only or was this open to everybody or just you guys for your yearly get together? All I saw of course was El Camino's in all the pictures background.

·
0 Posts
You really deserved that Terry! We were all pulling for you to get Carlos back on the road!
From the 2 years I've been on this site,I've seen nothing but family on here. Our gathering was like a big family reunion at Belton,so Robert,you're always welcome to come down to Big Ol' Texas and hang out with us. We show nothing but Southern Hospitality and Respect. (Except when we hit the track.lol)
I'm waiting on Woody to make me a "Too Much Motor,Not Enough Traction Award".:poke:
It's always interesting to see what parts or tools he puts on the trophies.(How the heck did he get a piston to stick?):secret:

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,307 Posts
...I wanted to give Roy and Joyce a Shout OUT..Great job you guys...

...EVERYBODY's HERO....:beer::beer::You_Rock::beer:
..Hey,who won the Golden Dollar contest.????

Attachments

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
i found the belton gold dollar coin, gonna plan a trip to go down and hide it for next year, i need to go t austin anyway ummmmm:poke: anyways it was fun and yes all my trophies for next yrs spring fling will have a similar theme thanks yall :beer:

·
0 Posts
I called him and asked what the next part he's gonna attach on one? His trophies are better than any others since it's hand made and is really unique compared to the traditional ones we get all the time.:You_Rock:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called him and asked what the next part he's gonna attach on one? His trophies are better than any others since it's hand made and is really unique compared to the traditional ones we get all the time.:You_Rock:
That's what I love about mine---it's so personal, and I know Woody took the time to make it that way! I'm just glad I didn't have transmission problems! Can you imagine him sticking a tranny on one? :poke:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts