El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Past Director Region 13, Senior Member
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Because I am working two project trucks at the same time and, more to the point, suffer from ARMD (Age Related Memory Degeneration) I couldn't locate the side molding clips I removed from the 86. So, I went to EBay and ordered a set from gmclassicparts - $55.99, free shipping. Not 5 minutes after placing the order, I remembered where I put the ones I took off so, I immediately signed on to EBay and requested cancellation of the order. Two days later, I received an email from EBay saying the order couldn't be cancelled because the seller already shipped the parts.

Not pleased but, resigned. I determined that I would return the parts when they arrived. Got them today and went on EBay and requested a return authorization. Got a message back saying the seller would authorize a partial refund "because shipping is not free". Within 30 minutes, the message was amended to say "Seller refused return" and the request was closed. After waiting on the phone and being transferred three times, I received no constructive help from EBay - other than to recommend I contact PayPal. I'm pursuing a full refund through PayPal.

Upon researching the sellers negative feedback, I found complaints such as;

"Very rude people"

"Wrong part, seller won't refund"

"Terrible customer service"

"Item unusable, no response from the seller"

"The seller lied to me"

A lot more with topics like "part doesn't fit, not what I ordered, part is not as represented etc., etc., etc.

The seller responded to many of the negative feedback with arrogant and condescending remarks about the buyers intelligence or their lack of ability to install the part(s).

Needless to say, I will never buy another part from that guy.

Reactions: FIRST ELKY 4 ME

·
Premium Member
4,664 Posts
Thump him!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Les,
I am sorry you had to go through that ordeal. I am glad you put it out there for all to see. As a member since 2001, I have purchased a lot of items for my Elco on eBay, and I became aware of this clown years ago. To this day, I refuse to buy from him. To add insult to injury, if you check the used parts he sells, they are listed at a reasonable price - with a purposely vague description - but be sure you check the shipping cost! It is three to four times more than actual cost. This is one of the two most hated ebay sellers on my list.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Keep pursuing it!

Sometimes if you persist E-Bay will pay ypu your out of pocket money to resolve also PayPal. Good luck! :bigups:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,530 Posts
Thanks for the warning. Glad you didn't spend any more with that seller before finding out their true colors. :let_it_all_out:

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yes always check the shipping cost, I have bought a lot of "nic nac" miny parts that is maybe a dollar or two, but they wanted 25 for shipping. :let_it_all_out:
I have been burned before, so now I read all reviews, I always go to the lowest rating first, because I noticed a lot of sellers make fake 5 star reviews with no real description as to why they are so great, but yet the lower reviews are VERY descriptive.

Most specifically I bought a window regulator for my full size Silverado. Had 6 month warranty on it. For 40 bucks, when the ones at advanced were $105. Wouldn’t you be ****ed 6 ½ months later the cable broke, went to see if the 6 months were upon purchases date or receive date (shipping was almost 2 weeks) all to find out the reviews all said “broke after 6 months, broke after 8 months” Reviews are everything.
But we are all human, we all learn the hard way.
The old saying goes, “A smart man learns from his mistakes, A wise man learns from others mistakes”:secret:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Thanks for posting, Les. I have been looking at some of his stuff for future reference. Just removed this site from my 'favorites' list.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts