El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine specs: 305 from a 5 speed manual 91 camaro. Originally tpi but converted back to carb setup. Mild cam, edelbrock carb, and an electric fuel pump are about the only upgrades.
Trans and Rear: 3 speed TH350 from a 77 Nova and a 10 bolt posi rear
Suspension: Stock
Body: Original paint, and what seems to be some Choo Choo options (hood, ground effects). The nose was swapped at some point, there is red paint showing in some places.
Interior: Original except for the stereo system and a manual choke mounted under the dash. Stereo consists of a Pioneer head unit, Pioneer 6X8's and a 800 watt amp mounted on a custom box, as well as a Pioneer 10 inch sub behind the seat. Also XM radio equipped
Other: Exhaust is true duals with glasspacks dumped before the rear axle.

Pictures:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One question, anyone seen another camino with this paintjob? I want to know how common it is.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks like an aftermarket fiberglass hood scoop was added, along with ground effects kit. You can still buy these aftermarket parts, along with the air-dam. I think somewhere along the way, perhaps the fender lips got banged, that would be the reason to paint the ground effect panels and keep the lines somewhat correct. I don't think this was anywhere near a factory release paint job, as the factory never had an option for ground effects except the Choo-choo.

Someone has modified this truck, it's that simple. But as the others say, read your codes in the glovebox. That will tell the real story. Good luck.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I'll do that. And I always kinda knew that it was modified. Thats why I didnt bother keeping it the way I found it. Thanks for the help.

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Engine specs: 305 from a 5 speed manual 91 camaro. Originally tpi but converted back to carb setup. Mild cam, edelbrock carb, and an electric fuel pump are about the only upgrades.
Trans and Rear: 3 speed TH350 from a 77 Nova and a 10 bolt posi rear
Suspension: Stock
Body: Original paint, and what seems to be some Choo Choo options (hood, ground effects). The nose was swapped at some point, there is red paint showing in some places.
Interior: Original except for the stereo system and a manual choke mounted under the dash. Stereo consists of a Pioneer head unit, Pioneer 6X8's and a 800 watt amp mounted on a custom box, as well as a Pioneer 10 inch sub behind the seat. Also XM radio equipped
Other: Exhaust is true duals with glasspacks dumped before the rear axle.

Pictures:
http://i50.tinypic.com/289wqdv.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/28rljl0.jpg

Check out this speaker set-up hidden behind the seat save some space.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats a nice setup. I'd consider doing it if I didnt already have one that I built. Its hard to explain it but I'll get some pics of it later and post them here.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update on the suspension. Ditched the air shocks and put in a brand new set of regular old shock absorbers. Left all the set up in there just in case I want to switch back later. The lines were slightly rotted and cracked so it leaked pretty bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts