El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a relatively new member of El Camino Central and looking around for ways to participate in car shows, cruise-in's, etc.

We attended the Caffeine and Octane car show at Perimeter Mall (on the north side of Atlanta) and had a blast. The show is very informal but has lots of participants of all kinds. There were several El Camino's (including ours) in attendance and it would be great to see more of us at upcoming shows.

Caffeine and Octane is held the 1st Sunday of every month - rain or shine. There is no registration fee for entering your car. There is no judging - just lots of cool cars, trucks, motorcycles and everything in-between. Cars start arriving as early as 7:00 AM and show is over by 11:00 AM or so. Even in the summer you can be finished before it gets too hot and before the afternoon summer rain pours down.

I'm looking forward to going again. Will likely be there on Sunday of Labor Day weekend.

https://www.caffeineandoctane.com/

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sunday, September 2, 2018:

I plan to be there with my '66 El Camino. Get there early for a parking place in the show corral or park in a nearby lot

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Contact..

Contact GA-Tuney. He may be interested. I'll send him a copy of this Thread...................Ken

·
Registered
30 Posts
Might go....watching the weather

Might be going to caffeine and octane this Sunday unless family plans and/or rain overrides!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1fine70 was there and DW & I were there but we didn't cross paths with 1fine70. DW and I were so enthralled with seeing the other vehicles that we didn't hang around our El Camino very much. So much to see! We did notice 1fine70 leaving the show and that's a really is a nice El Camino!

I like the fact that this show is in the morning. We have so many afternoon thundershowers during the warm weather months here in Georgia that I hesitate to drive our El Camino late in the day. It has so many leaks around the front and rear glass that rain finds its way in very easily.

Until next time...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts