El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recieved a letter yesterday from California clean air board. They told me since I have a 1970 car I should look for other ways of getting around so not to add to the air problem.....they said they would gladly give me $500 for my El Camino to CRUSH it!! :evil: Bas%$#!'s :evil:

Dam, I love my '70!

·
1,867 Posts
Man, Talk about a slap in the face! I feel your pain.

·
Registered
129 Posts
CHVYPWR said:
Send then a pic of you standing in front of your elky with the letter in one hand, and the other hand with middle finger extended! Screw that crap! :evil:
AMEN that! That's just not right.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
It's OK to work to protect the environment, but those guys are zealots and therefore, dangerous to the rest of us.

Unless your elkie is exempt from emissios testing, what do they expect to accomplish?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't get it. what does the clean air board think your going to be able to buy for 500 dollars. Anything at that price would pollute more than your 70. Here in Missouri most people hate the clean air act, but because the minority of tree huggers have control and appear on t.v. its them that say if we keep it or not. Whatever happen to what the people want is what happens and not what the gov. says we want is what happens.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't want my car near a smog station, but I bet my well kept & tuned ZZ4 crate motor runs cleaner than a lot of cars on the road....sounds better too! :p

·
Registered
121 Posts
With fireman, police officers and teachers being laid off in this state, one would think that they would have better things to worry about than sending letters to individuals whose cars are not being Smog tested!

I hope that our new Governator finds some time to resolve this state's REAL problems rather than trying to justify a bunch of beauracrats who obviously don't have enough meaningful work to do... But somehow, I think he's more interetsd in keeping the status quo for his wealthy pals (and getting Dubya elected for a second term) than he is in resolving the problems that plague the state with the seventh largest economy in the WORLD.

·
Banned
881 Posts
I'm really glad I don't live on the left coast. We don't have anything like your Voluntary Accelerated Vehicle Retirement program here on the right coast. We just drive them until they die.

Jeepers, your state even pays for studies on the environmental effect of leaf blowers. 8O

·
Registered
492 Posts
:evil: OK, when did Amerika turn in to russia?? thank god i live here in texas. they wouldnt even try to pull that sh*t here cause they know we all have guns!! and by god they try and take my car away i will use mine!! they cant make you stop driving your car, all they can do is test the emisions, and if you pass thier SOL!

·
1,867 Posts
70, Can they make you do something or was it a sugestion?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Amen for guns and Texas. No emissions testing here and if they decide to enact that legislation, I'm grandfathered by virtue of owning a 66. Florida used to have emissions testing years ago, everyone waited til the last days of each month to line up for the testing. What a mess that was, they did away with the law and closed down the inspection stations. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts