El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first vehicle is an 83 Camaro with a 350 V8. I'll be honest I respect anybody with the Choo Choo variation of the Camino,but for me it is just very unattractive in my eyes. I was wondering if it is possible to easily swap out the Camaro front end and put on a Camino/Malibu reproduction front end. Now I guess maybe I should have visited a Camaro forum but I figure maybe some of your tastes may intertsect with the two. Also I was thinking if this would even look good? I figure it would but I want an opinion before I start saving up my minimum wage checks towards a flawed expectation. My guess would be obvious differences in the connections and maybe wheel clearance issues depending on how the 2 vehicles differ. Its never been done as far as I know, so maybe thats a bad omen for all I know haha.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could you maybe post a picture? All I found were Caminos with camaro front ends not the opposite haha. I hope you got what I was asking?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hehe sorry yeah i read that totally backwards, so a choo choo front end grafted to a Camaro? Thats a new one on me, I've never heard of it or seen one..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
still off, I'm talking about a normal El Camino front end on an 83 camaro. I was just making a reference that the Choo Choo had the Camaro front end. haha oh boy.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I.m one of the more experienced people here on doing off one nose swaps & have never heard of that one or wanting to do that one. I,m the kind of person that if I can picture it in my head, it's possible. Honestly I,m not picturing a mostly square shaped camino front on a camaro looking good to anyone.

However being the custom minded person I am, it,s not for me to judge what someone else would like.If you wanted to do this , it would take many hours of skilled fiberglass work to make a camino nose fit the camaro profile, but I do picture it being possible. The steel bumper would have to be narrowed & tucked like on a smoothed customized camino to look proper on a camaro. Lastly , a custom air dam to blend things in.
Those are my thoughts on it, if you are serious about it, I,d do it on a model car or photoshop first to get a better vision of it. If you decide to do this,I,d be glad to offer any advice I can, but what do I know about custom noses?:sarcasm:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did do it in photoshop just to see it in a rough look. And to be honest it reminds me of some sort of evolved malibu. Now thanks for the advice so I can just grasp what might need to be done. I think it would be worth it, and who knows I may start a trend. The soonest I'd be able to try this will be next spring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts