El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just caught the episode today. They take an 83 Camino and do some body mods on it. They put a SS nose, Goodmark hood, roll pan, fiberglass cover on it, and side skirts. I caught it too late to tape it but its on again tomorrow @ 1:30 on the east coast.... not sure about west. Its on TNN by the way. Ill definitely be taping it tomorrow though. :lol:

Trucks! TV if you wanna check it out

·
Banned
881 Posts
I caught just the tail end of it. I did see the before and after shots. It's amazing that they can do all of that work in only 30 minutes.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
314 Posts
i thought it was ugly looking

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your opinion.... but i think that could change with the right color paint and detailing

·
Banned
881 Posts
IMHO: The bolt-on body mods are just a part of the overall package. If the interior and the drive train have been customized equally then the Elky will look real sweet. If just the body stuff is added (even with a nice paint job) it's a letdown.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
I thought it was a good show. The Elky he used is identical to mine with the exception of the side rails. I wonder if he's going to do anymore shows on the Elky? Even my wife sat and watched it, thats rare for her. I wasn't aware you had to slice and dice the front bumper like that, I was planning on giving mine to my son to use on his Elky, his is only held together by rust. Two Guys Garage ran the show on quater panel replacement also yesterday.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Stacey on Trucks! is calling it the "SS El Camino" Project so it sounds like it will be featured in upcoming shows with other modifications. From what I've seen him do in the past, I'm sure he'll do something with the drivetrain to get more power out of it. It may help if people like us email them to let them know we enjoyed their show on the El Camino, then maybe they'll continue to work on it. You can email them at [email protected]

I was excited to see the show yesterday and to see it was an '83 like mine. As for me, I like the stock look although that roll pan looked pretty nice in place of the rear bumper. I'd like to see what he does to get more power and still stay within a reasonable budget.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
I agree, I just sent my e-mail to them, thanks. Stacy (TRUCKS) has a tendacy to stretch his projects out, I don't think I've seen one finished yet (still waiting for Copperhead) or maybe it's just TNN and SpeedChannel that don't air the shows in order. Maybe we should e-mail them also. Anyone have their e-mail addresses? Would also like to see TWO GUYS GARAGE air more of their Elky project! C'mon guys lets get involved in this.

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
I saw that show about four months ago and was able to tape it for reference. I had done that same work six months earlier except for the hood. I wish I could have seen the show before I took mine part in the driveway, so I could have avoided some of the mistakes I made. My kit was an old one from Crystalite Engineering in So. Cal made in 1989 which was sitting in someone's storage shed for about a dozen years. While everything is not yet complete, especially the grille and running lights, I have posted recent photos of this change here at ElCaminoCentral.

I really like the change in appearance and like to think that this is what the Elky would have looked like if Chevy had continued to produce them into the 1990s. Check out my gallery if you wish.

John Harris 1983 El Camaro, Massachusetts ECC Member #294

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
I missed the show. Wish I had a tape of it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i missed the show too. i think if they want to call it an ss they should swap ina 454 and give it a little more kick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts