El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve got a 64 Camino and am quickly learning that nobody seems to make a patch panel for the rear quarter on the drivers side. Now they do sell the entire quarter panel, but I’m not willing to spend $300 shipping on top of the item cost when I should be able to get a patch delivered for less than $100.
Anyone run into this problem yet, or by some stroke of luck know where to find one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Rich! Glad there is a great forum like this one out there!
It’s the driver side rear quarter panel. The piece I’m looking for runs about 7” high, 32” long between the rear bumper and the back of the wheel well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
64 el

Hi Chris;
I've had more than one 64 and suppliers don't seam to make many body parts for them. You may be ahead just to take to it to a body shop and let them fabricate and replace the bad metal.
Jim

·
Registered
13 Posts
So I’ve got a 64 Camino and am quickly learning that nobody seems to make a patch panel for the rear quarter on the drivers side. Now they do sell the entire quarter panel, but I’m not willing to spend $300 shipping on top of the item cost when I should be able to get a patch delivered for less than $100.
Anyone run into this problem yet, or by some stroke of luck know where to find one?
I ran into the same problem ...a complete panel for good price but $300 to ship the sucker ..I ended up pounding a patch .I thought about calling them up and asking if they would cut out the lower back and just shipping that ..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Try contacting desert valley auto parts in AZ
Or CTC auto Ranch in Texas

You should be able to hopefully find a section and do your own body work

1 - 9 of 9 Posts