El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 1985 el Camino 4.3l V6 and my egr valve is stuck open and I cannot find a new one anywhere. Does anyone know where I can get one?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
The factory number for Federal Emissions was 17085825 and was serviced by 17110795, which might be a Delco 214-5313. All of which appear to be obsolete and unavailable. You could call a dealer and ask them to run the numbers on locator; you might find one somewhere. Failing that, soak yours with carb cleaner and try to free it up or cut a solid metal gasket and block it off (or use a blockoff plate). Apparently all three years of 4.3 Caminos are different, as are 5.0s. And the only other 4.3 installs in ‘85 were Caprice and Impala. No wonder it’s NLA.
Patrick

·
Registered
340 Posts
See if you can find any numbers on the EGR that is in your car now. You might have to wipe away some dirt or oxidation to see the number.
Looked for the EGR valve on GMParts Direct website and it lists part number 17113447 as a part number for a non California car. which is equal to a 214-5526.
Do you have a California emissions car? Yea, the p/n's for the egr valves can be a pia.

·
Deputy National Director
9,841 Posts
Not sure if this is correct ????
Cross Interchange Parts
FactoryNumber
GM17110795
CARQUEST70-5639
STANDA...EGV747
GM17110797
GM17085825
AIRTEX4F1109

·
Deputy National Director
9,841 Posts
I search this part number EGV747 on ebay & this came up ?????
DO NOT KNOW IF IT INTERCHANGES ????????????????

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
See if you can find any numbers on the EGR that is in your car now. You might have to wipe away some dirt or oxidation to see the number.
Looked for the EGR valve on GMParts Direct website and it lists part number 17113447 as a part number for a non California car. which is equal to a 214-5526.
Do you have a California emissions car? Yea, the p/n's for the egr valves can be a pia.
I have a car that’s originally from Georgia however I’m in a county in Ohio that doesn’t do emissions testing

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you to everyone who helped. I found a direct replacement on eBay. First time on the forum and it’s nice to know that there’s a huge community around Caminos

1 - 8 of 8 Posts