El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, as some of you might know, I'm a 3D modeler and designer. I've done a lot of work for individuals and Popular Hot Rodding but this time I have done something for myself. Instead of sponsoring someone's project with a rendering by carsbykris.com, I have done a rendering of my car, or at least what it will look like soon. I plan to do more to the paint, etc. so that when it is time to go to the paint and body shop, I can hand them a rendering of EXACTLY what I want it to look like.
I was hoping to get some comments and maybe some critiques here since there are a lot of 5th gen. pros that frequent these boards. Can you spot any mistakes or problems with the model? I just want to be sure it's perfect!

Thanks for looking!

Kris

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sleek and stylish, looks like it's doing about 60 while standing still. GM should take a few hints and start producing these. It's a shame they never listen to what people really want in a vehicle these days. :D

Scrubby

·
Registered
636 Posts
Scrubby said:
Sleek and stylish, looks like it's doing about 60 while standing still. GM should take a few hints and start producing these...
VERY nice job Kris!!! Your work still amazes me!! 8)

It's a shame they never listen to what people really want in a vehicle these days. :D
Ain't THAT the truth!!!!!

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
Very nice, indeed, Kris. Rolled rear pan, shaved side running lights. Might consider going to electric door poppers and get rid of those door handles. Try it with a billet tubular grill.

Excellent job.
-dan

·
Registered
314 Posts
that is nice.

if your looking for some ideas, how about a fiberglass front bumper painted the same as the body, then add a polished aluminum grill, and some ghost flames :eek:

·
Registered
46 Posts
7d8ss said:
Kris,Top looks a little high. With the low profile of the body, the top might look a little more in proportion with a 2" chop
Very nice technical work, and I agree with the above quote from Jon. The lines of the car would lead me to perform slight chopping job as well.

Keep up the nice professional work....great job!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay,

Okay, I went back to the model after looking at pictures of my car and reworked some parts. I dropped the roof 2 inches and brought the wheel openings up higher to where they should be. I also added the paint scheme that I have been considering. It's just a dark red metallic with black above the beltline. I also had those flamed Bowties made for my hood scoop in vinyl and will later have them used as templates to be painted and clear coated. I'll try a billet grill and fiberglass bumper as well, though I think I will leave those parts stock. I am seriously considering shaved door handles too, I never really liked the tacked-on 5th gen handles. And BTW, I just forgot to add the marker lights. :oops: Though it would look really nice, I live in a town where I would get busted on a daily basis for not having them... :(

Thanks for the comments!

Kris

·
Registered
492 Posts
is it missing the hood ornament on purpose?? i never liked the stand up ones anyway. sharp lookin car, good job.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I like them both but I like the second one better! :D

That is so cool! :cool: You've got a lot of talant. Now make your Elky look like that. :D Or better yet ... mine! Just kidding, I like mine just like I planned it.

You Da Man!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Hi Kris, Looks great. I agree with Dan on the billet tubular grill. I think it would smooth out the front. JMHO. :thumbsup: 8)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hello Kris, awesome job, i also wish you would do one of a choo choo.

·
1,867 Posts
Black out the grill & door handle. Very nice work indeed.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Excellent work :wow: Both versions are sweeeeet..... If you ever get around to doing a 74 Elky (all black) please let me know. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Great work!

Hello Kris, I've been a fan of your work for a long time,its nice to see you here,and also at pro-touring,very cool :cool: Just wanted to say outstanding work on the el camino model,the rims remind me of what i first had on my elky right after i first got it,the color and stance on the model is perfect,great looking cowl hood,would you be using a bed cover for the model? I think a flush mount would give it a nice clean finished look..just my $0.02. Keep up the great work, and hey you better get those guys at G.M. crackin and get you on there payroll soon! see you over at pt.com :D

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
Kris is this going to be a daily driver? If so I would not recommend removing the door handles. You could paint them body color to help hide them or put on some from another car that recessed a little more. I had my handles smoothed slightly and then painted body color. And you might want to leave one of the key locks also. On a weekend car it's one thing, but a daily sooner or later a remote will fail or the receiver will and then getting in would be real fun. I only had the passenger one removed from mine. The drivers with be covered with a 'smooth lock' cover that is painted body color to help hide it. But if my electronics fail I can peel it off and and use a key and then stick it back on.

On the side markers you could recess the rears the same as the fronts already are. This would help smooth the rear quarters and still keep you legal.

Keep up the great work. 8)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts