El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with an early "G" body, technically an "A" body. So say 78-81? I need to confirm the location of the sensing bulb from the cycling switch to the evap. It's a long thin aluminum wire that comes off a small box(relay) mounted on the AC box and then connects to the pipe on the evap.
When I replaced my evap I put it back the way I found it. On the inlet pipe. This is the smaller bottom pipe that houses the orifice tube.
While discussing cooling problems and pressures, I was told that I had it mounted wrong and it should be on the outlet.
Others have told me this is wrong and that the bulb is used to "feed" the evap. Someone else said their 1978 Mitchell manual clearly states the bulb shoud be mounted on the inlet/orifice pipe.
So...can someone please take a look and let me know so I can be done with this?
thanks

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hey Bobby, The later models (82-87) are different? Let me know if you don't get any info., got a friend with a'79, we'll look at his & compare. - George

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
i just looked at my daughters 78 nova and it is about an inch past the end of the orifice tube.her car is all original with ice cold air

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The later ones use a switch on the accumulator I think.
Thanks Carl. That's where it was before I took out the old evap. But since I don't have it from new I wasn't sure if the previous owner had it wrong.

George thanks I think Carl cleared it up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts