El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While being pushed by a truck out of traffic "guided" into place by my uncle,the truck dented and creased my tailgate.
Is there a way to pop the dents out by disassembling the tailgate from the inside?:dontknow:
Its a huge soft dent with a crease in the metal.

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
nope time to get out the BFH:poke: id just leave it alone .. gives it a war wound:beer:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This pic shows the overall soft dent you cant see in the previous pic. Maybe a plunger can get it out? The crease ain't as bad as the soft dent since the paint and body will be done sometime this year. (if I can stop buying go-fast parts.):secret:

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
beast i have a near perfect tailgate ill sell you delivered for 200 bucks with a pocket plate:beer:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
beast i have a near perfect tailgate ill sell you delivered for 200 bucks with a pocket plate:beer:
I have a spare blue tailgate but I wanted to keep this one on since I may need a backup for the Choo Choo.

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Even if you pushed or pulled most out...it would still have waves and be noticeable. It must be pulled, filled and blocked...primed and painted. That there you showed I would charge about $600
man remind me not to move to florida:poke:
heck if ya seen lumpy you would cry:poke::beer: but not over the motor right beast ????:beer::texas::dontknow:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
man remind me not to move to florida:poke:
heck if ya seen lumpy you would cry:poke::beer: but not over the motor right beast ????:beer::texas::dontknow:
The bodywork on Lumpy looked ok to me. As for the motor you got,wanna trade?lol:poke:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sure 2500 plus your 383 and ill do all the labor:nanawrench:
JK,I got something for Belton 2013 already in the works. As far as the dent,you guys think a plunger will get it?

·
Registered
589 Posts
You might be able to pop the big dent by simply hitting around the edges with the palm of hand, or a rubber hammer. The crease will have pulled and upon being pulled the bigger dent will pop.

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Just take some duct tape and tape that scary Chuckie doll to your tailgate and nobody would ever notice the dent! :poke:

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
OK,tell every one that while doing a nasty burn out, the tire exploded and the tread flew out from under the truck and slapped the tail gate !!! ye thats it ..:nanawrench::beer:

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
So a plunger should get it out?

It'll get out the larger soft dent but you'll still have the crease and a smaller dented area around the crease. Looks like that gate needs some attention anyway. Paint looks to be peeling from the area over the pocket where the bowtie was. 1/4 looks to be peeling too. Be careful if you do bodywork on the gate. Mosts shops would tape up the edge of the 1/4 while doing plastic work on the gate to prevent additional scratches on the 1/4. Problem could be when removing the tape the red comes with it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts