El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While being pushed by a truck out of traffic "guided" into place by my uncle,the truck dented and creased my tailgate.
Is there a way to pop the dents out by disassembling the tailgate from the inside?:dontknow:
Its a huge soft dent with a crease in the metal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This pic shows the overall soft dent you cant see in the previous pic. Maybe a plunger can get it out? The crease ain't as bad as the soft dent since the paint and body will be done sometime this year. (if I can stop buying go-fast parts.):secret:

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Even if you pushed or pulled most out...it would still have waves and be noticeable. It must be pulled, filled and blocked...primed and painted. That there you showed I would charge about $600
man remind me not to move to florida:poke:
heck if ya seen lumpy you would cry:poke::beer: but not over the motor right beast ????:beer::texas::dontknow:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
man remind me not to move to florida:poke:
heck if ya seen lumpy you would cry:poke::beer: but not over the motor right beast ????:beer::texas::dontknow:
The bodywork on Lumpy looked ok to me. As for the motor you got,wanna trade?lol:poke:

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
So a plunger should get it out?

It'll get out the larger soft dent but you'll still have the crease and a smaller dented area around the crease. Looks like that gate needs some attention anyway. Paint looks to be peeling from the area over the pocket where the bowtie was. 1/4 looks to be peeling too. Be careful if you do bodywork on the gate. Mosts shops would tape up the edge of the 1/4 while doing plastic work on the gate to prevent additional scratches on the 1/4. Problem could be when removing the tape the red comes with it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.