El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the distributor out of the car and I'm trying to replace the ignition module. One connector came off easily, but the connector with the green and white wires won't come off. It seems to have some sort of locking mechanism. Anybody know how to release it?

Jack

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
mine came off just as easily as the other one. perhaps you have a little corrosion. try to free it with a small screwdriver. as far as i know there was no locking mechanism...mine is out of a 85 vette hei

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a brand new distributor, so no corrosion. The nuclear bomb worked but it nuked the whole dist.

Naw. I finally pried it off. I was afaid I might break the connector, but I didn't.

·
0 Posts
It's a brand new distributor, so no corrosion. The nuclear bomb worked but it nuked the whole dist.

Naw. I finally pried it off. I was afaid I might break the connector, but I didn't.
You have to keep wiggling it loose. Don't forget to put a small amount of dielectric grease under the module...

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Dont use dielectric grease.

Auto zone sells heat sink compound especially for that.

Part # SL203

·
Registered
432 Posts
X2 on not using dielectric grease. It will not allow the heat to dissipate and the module will overheat and fail prematurely. Clean the area and apply a heat sink compound....

·
0 Posts
Dont use dielectric grease.

Auto zone sells heat sink compound especially for that.

Part # SL203
X2 on not using dielectric grease. It will not allow the heat to dissipate and the module will overheat and fail prematurely. Clean the area and apply a heat sink compound....
I meant heat sink compound. I had the wrong name for it...Sorry.:beer:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts