El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a custom car cover for my 87 El Camino. There is a company in California called Coverking that makes a custom El Camino cover out of a super-duper material manufactured by Guilford Mills called "Stormshield". Anybody ever hear anything about the company or the material?

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Car cover

I just bought a new All-Weather cover made with Technalon by Covercraft for my 70SS. It is a really nice cover and fits well, mirror pockets and all. I relly like it so far.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have one i got from Year One 4 years ago- I think it was made by Kimberly Clark. It kicks serious ass! Keeps out water, snow, custom fit to the car- I've had it on my 69 elky(now sold) and use it now on my 70 elky. Great cover.

I think the CoverCraft ones are the same quality & material- I had a generic Covercraft cover 68 Oldsmobile convertible- and it was the same material as the one for my elky, just not custom fitted.

I think you'll like it!
8)

·
Banned
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I bought the Coverking cover. This is one very heavy duty car cover. It is not a one-size-fits-all cover. It fits like a glove and has the side mirror pockets too. The "Stormshield" material is the only one they sell that is rated for snow and ice. I'll recommend this cover to anyone looking for a top class El Camino cover. The cost was a little steep ($225). But, my baby is worth it.

:mrgreen:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts