El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
810 Posts
WOW, we had a great time at Carlisle, while the attendance for the show on a whole was down the El Caminos actually placed THIRD in the number of vehicles of the same model in attendance. Every one of our members did very well with a number of top awards presented. I would especially like to congratulate Gary Arsenault (BLUEFISHGARY) who walked away with FIVE top awards:
Carlisle Staff Pick (one of 10 cars out of over 1000)
Best El Camino awarded by Carlisle Events
First in Class awarded by Carlisle Events
Best 2nd Generation awarded by attendee vote
Best of Show awarded by attendee vote

Show pictures are here, hopefully others will also post their shots: https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/18728859/1/GMCarlisle11?h=b44669

Other winners were:
Best 1st Gen. Frank Swartz
Best 3rd Gen: Bryan Shook
Best 4th Gen: Myron Brown
Best 5th Gen: Leo Cerruti
Best Engine: Terry Turner
Best Paint: Julio Perez
Best Interioe: William Hensel
Overall Best of Show Modified: Leo Cerruti
Furthest Driven: Dave Bassler (424 miles)

Certificates of Dubious Accomplishment:
Wash Me!: Michael Duman
Worst Paint: Michael Duman
Dirtiest Engine: Chris Lemmons
Most Dents in One Vehicle: Chris Lemmons
Hard Luck: TUGGY! Yes he actually won again apparenlty due to the same old antics on another forum.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I would love to see some photos of BLUEFISHGARY car and I even PM him awhile back when I was trying to find his car in the Gallery to find out from him he has no gallery. Well what can I say, I don't either and what the heck did I hit on my keyboard to make the letters to lean to one side. Don't know but guess I like it. Well BLUEFISHGARY, post some pictures of your car. Michael in Virignia

·
Registered
54 Posts
The photo of me sleeping is great ,thats what I do best!!!
Now for the Elco it's a 67 w/396 with TH-350 trans . posi 373
Marina blue .This was a frame off about 4 years ago. The bottom of the Elco Is the same as the top. Base coat/ clear coat, color sanded and buffed. The frame and all front suspension parts are powder coated gloss black, that includes the wheel well in front.
Next one will be black on the bottom as color is a lot of work to keep clean! Now this Elco is driven a Lot 4000 miles last year,But I do trailer when going overnight.
I have taken it to the track et12.9 at 109mph on street tires, with a old man for a driver. lol It will spin past 60 ft if I keep my foot in it.
Now for Carlisle We (wife & I ) had a great time,We met some great car owners and overall just had a great time. I had been to Carlisle before but this was the first time with the Elco.I hope to meet some of you next year. Gary

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I hope to make it to Carlisle next year myself. Glad to hear something about your car and WOW all the work and money you have put into that. Thanks again Michael in Virginia:smileyb:

P

·
0 Posts
Congrats

Congrats to all the winners! :nanawrench: nice job :You_Rock:

·
Administrator
7,008 Posts
Congrats!

Congratulations to the winners and attendees - Carlisle is a great show drawing some spectacular Elkies...............Ken :beer: :texas:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Sorry we missed Saturday, My daughter and I were there Friday, Friday evening she came down with something and we spent the next few days in the E/R at Carlisle Hospital and our former family doctor's office, she finally started improving on Wed. evening. Saw quite a few nice cars there Friday though ,just in time for the drive back to Montana.

Mike

P

·
0 Posts
Sorry we missed Saturday, My daughter and I were there Friday, Friday evening she came down with something and we spent the next few days in the E/R at Carlisle Hospital and our former family doctor's office, she finally started improving on Wed. evening. Saw quite a few nice cars there Friday though ,just in time for the drive back to Montana.

Mike
Wow Mike....hope all is well now ??

·
Registered
451 Posts
Garry,
She is doing fine now, she had a nasty sinus infection and is apparently non tolerant of most anti biotics which gave the Doctors a test. They finally found one she could take with out side effects but it took a while.
Thanks for asking.

Mike

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats to all the winners!!

Wish I could have been there. Had a great time last year. The 200+ gallons of fuel was just too much this year.

Next time!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts