El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HOTEL RESERVATIONS FOR GM CARLISLE 2011

Yes it's never too early! I've secured 10 rooms at the same hotel as many of us stayed in for the last couple of years. In fact, after our 10 there are only about another 15 rooms left available, it fills up fast on car show weekends.

Details:
Comfort Suites
10 S. Hanover Street
Carlisle, PA 17013
reservations: 717-960-1000

Dates: Thur 6/23/11, Fri 6/24/11, Sat. 6/25/11

When you call for reservations be sure to mention you are reserving one of the "El Camino club" reserved rooms

·
Registered
54 Posts
Can any one tell me if the Hotel Comfort Suites
10 S. Hanover Street
Carlisle, PA 17013 has parking for my trailer or do I need to look elseware?????

·
Banned
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No trailer parking but there is a parking garage. You can leave your trailer at the Carlisle grounds (contact them for info) and drive your Elky back and forth from the hotel if you want.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
If you are going to put your car in the show, then how do you get to and from your motel, etc. Please bear with me since I've never been? Also one of my triggers for pain is stairways, so I try to avoid them if I can. Sorry for another question. Michael

·
Banned
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your car doesn't stay at the show, you drive to and from each day. There are elevators in the hotel and the garage.

·
Banned
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm told the hotel is filling up fast so if you haven't reserved yet and intend to do so it would be good idea to do it now!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just called, they have rooms avail under El Camino club, but at $149/night, I think I'm going to keep searching.. (yikes? is this the norm for the area?)

·
Banned
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just called, they have rooms avail under El Camino club, but at $149/night, I think I'm going to keep searching.. (yikes? is this the norm for the area?)
They all raise their rates during the shows, you should see what they charge during Ford!

There are cheaper rates, you could check hotels.com and similar. Typically the further you get out of Carlisle the cheaper.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Maybe I'll just suck it up and spend the dough- at least I'm stayin with the cool peeps!

·
Registered
451 Posts
If any one needs info on a more economical room you might goggle The Shermans Creek Inn, it is aproximatly 10 - 12 miles north on PA. RT 34, They used to have about 15 or so rooms, I do not know if they are even open anymore or what their rooms are like as I have not been back home for a while.

I will have the honor of staying with family while back east.

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts