El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I will be there Thursday night thru Sunday morning. I hope to see as many of the members as possible. I had to get my seat redone this year. The old girl looks good!

Jim

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Hi Jim, Since both my cars got damaged last Nov., my Caballero is still in the body shop. New target date since he did not make Masy 1, is now June 1 & if that happens then I will be back up to Carlisle. Michael in South Boston, Va.

·
Premium Member
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:banghead:Folks, this date conflicts with our annual family picnic on Saturday. I will have to forgo my trip to Carlisle for 2014. This is the first Carlisle GM Nationals that I will miss since 2007. I wish all of you a safe and fun event.

Jim

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
El Camino Central Banner

:banghead:Folks, this date conflicts with our annual family picnic on Saturday. I will have to forgo my trip to Carlisle for 2014. This is the first Carlisle GM Nationals that I will miss since 2007. I wish all of you a safe and fun event.

Jim
Sorry to hear that Jim. I wanted to come up this year but it really depends if and when I get my car back. The guy that hit both my cars that where in the garage, the Caballero got the worse of it all since when he hit the left quarter panel & tailgate the right side took the complete wall down & then shoved into a tree. I thought it was a night mare since I had put so much into that car. The insurance came through pretty fast and I just hope we will not be short. Now just waiting on his insurance to settle with mind and since I had a high deductible on my homeowners policy, I'm praying that I will get my $1,000.00 back from his insurance. This is the first time in my 44 years of being a home owner, my first claim. And my policy goes up June 16, 2014
from $567.00 to $819.00 the next year. As you might guess I could not believe that and when I called them, I really felt it was nothing but a run around. Got to hang in here with it this next year since every thing is not finished. In 2015 I will for sure see if I can find better rates. Now I got carried away with that, anyway there is only a slim chance that I will get my Caballero back by June 18 or so. Both quarter panels, passenger door and tailgate are on with the good heavy metal & since I've not been down there in a couple weeks, I will stop and see if he's done anything.
My other second thought, I could drive my 2012 Camaro Convertible and show it. I took it down to Charlotte, NC to the race track last month at the Auto-Fare & being in the 5th Gen. Camaro Club of NC there where 23 other 5th Gen Camaro. Top three in each club received a trophy and that was a great surprise hearing my name called out to come up front & pick up a trophy. I've typed enough. Michael in South Boston, Va.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts