El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a few weeks come on out to Carlisle ,PA JUNE 21-22 -2019 . Anybody plan on going their.?? I usually attend on Friday with my son .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just got my Showfield sticker

I just received my Showfield parking sticker. I’ll probably go Friday and Saturday. If my El Camino isn’t ready I’ll bring my Corvette.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Greetings, am interested in attending my first. Went to web page, didn't get a lot of help. What is a show sticker? I had heard they had a special spot in one of the buildings for ECs, but found nothing. Sent a note to our national director who mentioned earlier he planned to go, but haven't heard back. Your input appreciated.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Their web site link Here : https://carlisleevents.com/events/events-detail/index?id=chevrolet+nationals .Some select Elcamino's will be inside one of the buildings on display . Which is By {invitation }., I don't know all the info on that .If you pay for the Showfield you will be able to park in the reserved area [ section } with other Elcamino's owners . The showfield allows vehicle owner and one guest also . Hope this helps you ...

·
Deputy Director, Region 4
929 Posts
I'm going but for the flea market. Some El Camino and Malibu stuff too big for me to ship. Space C49 in partnership with a friend that has Nova parts. Mostly stuff that I've already offered for sale on this site.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I got an email from Ken Appell who is the event manager of the show:

Dear Carlisle Chevrolet Nationals Participant,

Thank you for your support of the Chevrolet Nationals. As you know we host many great anniversary displays at the show and this year is no different. The reason for this email is we are looking for a few display vehicles for this year’s event. You are receiving this email as we see you have registered or registered in the past a vehicle that may fit one of our displays that still has a spot available in.

The displays we are looking for a vehicle or two still for are as follows:

Summer of ’69 Display (All 1969 GM Vehicles) in Building T
El Camino 60th Anniversary Display in Building T
GTO Judge 50th Anniversary Display in Building T
Blazer 50th Anniversary Display in Building T

If you are interested in participating in one of these displays, please email me back with a photo of your vehicle. Display vehicles must roll-in on Thursday of the event (June 20th) and may roll-out after 7PM on Saturday Night or Sunday Morning between 9AM and Noon.

We only have a space or two left in these displays and would like to pick one this week. Maybe that one is yours?

We hope to hear from you if you are interested. Space is limited so if you are thinking about it please act quickly.

Thanks for your time and we can’t wait to see you at the show.

I don't know Mr. Appell and I am not going to to the show this year, but if anyone is interested in being inside in a display setting, his contact info is:

Email: [email protected]

Office: 717-243-7855 x116

Fax: 717-960-6490

·
Registered
702 Posts
I'll be there on Friday the 21st, but Elsie won't - waiting on safety-related parts.

I'll definitely look for you, Jim, in space C49.

Will wear my NECOA hat. If you see me, introduce yourself!

I'll look for others wearing their NECOA hats or shirts, too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was there today. Rain on the drive, but beautiful weather once we arrived. It seemed like a very light turnout. I was planning to drive my 69 SS396, but drove my Corvette instead.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Tim - Sorry, our schedules are out of synch. I'll only be there Saturday. - Jim
Jim - me too. But I am so glad I went today! Snagged a pair of tan mid-90's F-Body bucket seats for Elsie! The Driver's side even has the 3-motor electric adjustment system. Covers are a bit dirty, but they're in great shape otherwise.

·
Registered
702 Posts
El Caminos I saw on Friday at Carlisle

I saw three El Caminos that wore NECOA decals. They were owned by:
  1. Ron Plummer: 1980 El Camino SS
  2. Theodore Bodall: 1985 El Camino
  3. Steve Thumma: 1967 El Camino

Here are the other El Caminos I saw on Friday:

You can see the rest of my 2019 Carlisle Chevy Nats photos at: https://partsbox.fotki.com/car-shows/2019-carlisle-chevr/

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks on the photo share " Partsbox " was there with a few family members and their rides . Weather started ugly and became better for a nice day ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts