El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious how many members are in this region. Lets set-up an informal meet and greet in a centralized city(Charlotte) maybe in a Walmart parking lot somewhere! Please post replies on your interest and ideas of making this possible. :D :lol:

·
1,867 Posts
That would be great. Give me a time & place. I am in Indian Trail, southeast of Charlotte.

·
1,867 Posts
Man, I guess no one else here lives in NC or SC.

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
The Region-5 Director, Chip Burnette, may be busy and not reading the new regional user groups. He can be reached at: [email protected]

-dan

·
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Surely, Tommy and I are not the only Elky enthusiests in the Carolinas! :cry: I guess we can agree on a place and time, for an informal Meet and Greet, in the coming weeks. Hope to have a response from a few more members. I live in York SC, and am open to any type of centralized Charlotte location. :lol:

·
1,867 Posts
Charlottle has alot of great places to meet. How about 3 or fourth week of Nov?

·
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That sounds good to me. I guess I'll just make an executive decision and say we will have an informal Meet and Greet on Saturday, November 15. 4:00pm @ Red Rocket Fireworks store, 8) Carowinds Blvd. East, I/77 exit 90 8) If I am the only who shows up, My Elky will be the baddest one there! :lol: Carolina Elkys Unite! Date corrected

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey guys,
Do this next year and I might be able to join you. My 79 Royal Knight clone (From a 79 GMC Caballero Laredo) will not be completed until spring of next year.

BTY, "Nailhead" is my handle because one of my"other" cars is a 65 Buick Riviera, with a 401 "nailhead" V-8.

79 Less than Royal at Present Knight. :)

·
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fear not Elky lover. Will be planning many more of these Meet and Greets. Maybe our spring meet can be in the Columbia area. Depending on member response, there could be an Elky invasion in your town :p :p

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi folks - Apologies for being away from the forum. Interesting times at work (and since I need $$$ to get my baby through it's 'final' restoration, I need to look out for the old job...).

I think a get-together is a great idea, and Charlotte is a logical place for good access for from all of Region 5. I probably wouldn't be able to make it in November (work again - a new product launch coming up in December), though I would certainly give it a shot. Right now, mine is not really up to a long road trip due to suspension issues (I live in the Raleigh area), but enthusiasm has won out over mere common sense before.

Besides myself and you three, based on the member list there are a few others in Region 5 (dixierose, elkamino, hobie1dog, electrodynamic, elclemino, parker, and tadpole1). I will PM each of them to let them know. There are probably others, but most members have either not put in a location or are just 'USA', so they have to find us vs us finding them.

·
1,867 Posts
Hi, Could we make it the Saturday prior to that(the 15th). I will be going out of town on the 22 for thanksgiving. Thanks

·
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its sad you can,t make it, but this date was set on your recomendation. Any member who wants to have a Meet and Greet in their area, just needs to set a time and place, of their choice. It would be great if this would happen monthly! Member involvement is the key to this working, so take the ball and run with it!

·
Registered
44 Posts
The Meet

I live in Virginia Beach and wouldn't mind driving to the meet but alas... my elky is still in work and I'm not sure it would make it :( You guys have fun and let us all know how it went!

·
1,867 Posts
I forgot about thanksgiving when I suggested the third week. The fourth week end would have been fine. Oh well, I guess I will see you next time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am up for a meet, but would have to be nov 15th for me. Never been to Charlotte so don't know where anything is. :cool:

·
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Peer pressure is a wonderful thing. Please note that I have officially moved the date of our November Meet and Greet to November 15th. Have also changed time to 4 pm till 8 pm to include a couple daylight hours. I hope this change will please everyone. Change also posted on events calender! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
where

What's the address of the red rocket fireworks store in charlotte for the meet on nov 15?

·
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not sure about address. You can see the large red roof building from the exit. Carowinds blvd. exit 90 on I-77, is the first exit in South Carolina just south of Charlotte NC. Turn to the east and is first place on the right. Hope to see you there! :lol: If you were to sponsor a Meet & Greet in the Greenville area, I would be glad to attend!

·
1,867 Posts
I wanted to post this to see if anyone besides hansmanbo & me are coming to this meet.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the PM Gozer! :)

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it on the 15'th. I'm currently attending Western Carolina University and our big rival game vs. Appalachian State is the 15'th. I've already made reservations to stay at a friend of mine's mountain house and a LOT of my friends are going to be there so I can't mis it. :(

Man that's a bummer. If it was the 22'nd I might have been able to make it. I know that I'm leaving the state to visit relatives over thanksgiving, but I'm not sure of the date that my family is leaving.

If any other meets are scheduled, please PM me. I'm usually extremely busy with school and my business, but I would love to free up a weekend to meet with fellow El Camino owners. I live near Charlotte too (in Mooresville), so that would have been great if the darned football game wasn't that weekend. I really don't even like football that much, but when a lot of your friends from back in the day are getting together it's hard to say no.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts