El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright Carolina Elkys! It's time to start talking about a date and location of our spring Meet & Greet! All input is welcome. 8)

·
1,867 Posts
My biggest question is ... Who is willing to come to one? My vote is in April after the first weekend(3/4) because I have drill. In one of the beautiful parks in Charlotte. :cool:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Tommy' your not having Drill during the Holy Days of the Auto Fair are you?

·
1,867 Posts
We ALWAYS have drill during the April Autofare, It sucks. I usely get off duty at lunch on Friday so I can go out there.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It would probably be easier to move the fair date than the drill.lol

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm three hours and forty minutes from down town Charlotte, but I'm willing to take the trip. If you need any input or help to set up please don't hesitate to ask.
I'm a hard core spring Charlotte fan - fourteen years and counting. I've had CC2159 on the front straight for the past eleven years. Free ice water for anyone who wants to stop by!

Darrell Passer
82 SS, 5.0 TBI, 200-4R
90 XJS, LT1, 4L60E
48 Buick, supercharged 3.8 fwd

·
1,867 Posts
If you are out there on Friday, I will look you up. Give me more details to find you. We could meet at Reedy Creek Park on the north side. That's one possiblity. I would love to see a good showing for this meet. Of course there is a possiblity I might be in the Desert on deployment. Hope not.

·
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Speedway parking lot on Auto Fair weekend may help bring in more members. Just a thought! Remember, this is an informal meet with no cost to anyone. We just have to all agree on when and where! :lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
NC/SC show

I just registered on this site last week. I'm currently living in Charleston, SC (7 yrs) and shopping for a daily driver elki (68-72). I'd love to come to a spring show in Charlotte.

I may even have my car by then as I was going to start shopping seriously in February. There's a couple I'm looking at on websites (not ebay), but who know if they'll still be for sale in Feb/March?

Ok, stupid question, but what kinda things should I be looking for in terms of condition in a daily driver (other than it runs well and looks pretty darn good)? I really talking about mechanically under the hood. Not being super car knowedgeable, I do plan to get any car I'm interested in checked out by a licenced mechanic not involved in the deal.

Thanks for the info, Deb

·
Registered
276 Posts
One suggested meeting place at the track would be to enter the complex at gate "P" which is on the back side of the track. If you enter at that gate there is a parking area on the right that is usually sparsley populated. It's quite a distance from the track, but it would be convienient to everyone.

My car coral space is CC2159. If you stand in the infield and look at the front straight, there are three personel gates that are open to the walk in public. I am parked right next to the gate on the far right coming out of the fourth turn. If I still have it, look for a red Jag XJS convertible. Again, if anyone needs help with the meeting, please don't hesitate to ask.

Darrell Passer

·
Registered
636 Posts
I'll be at the spring auto fair with my vettes Saturday and Sunday...and will probably have to work friday morning (and spend friday afternoon/night CLEANING the black beasts! :lol: )

Maybe we could do a Meet'n Greet in mid march or late april down at Carowinds Blvd or some other "central" eatery?

·
1,867 Posts
How does mid march sound?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sign me up for whatever date is agreed upon. My only concern about March would be the weather.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Count me in for March. Let me know when and where. If any help is needed, just email me.

·
1,867 Posts
I am good for any week end in March except the first one(6-7). Yes, That's drill.

·
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
General consensis seems to lean toward mid March. Lets shoot for a tenetive date of Saturday March 20, the first day of spring. :) This is still open for discussion. Lets confirm the date before we debate the location, although Charlotte seems to be the favorite choice. :D Hans

·
Registered
476 Posts
carolina countdown

Would ya'll accept an elky from Pa down yonder? lol I should be done with mine by then. It's my baby. Lot of history here. Send me details and I'll upload a pic of my ride before the fire.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm in, barring anything unforseen.

·
1,867 Posts
Me too. I hope it's a nice weekend & I am not deployed to the desert.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts