El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm sure people have asked this before but I looked and couldn't find an answer. Where is the best place to buy replacement carpet (I'm going with the original dark blue), and should I buy the padding and carpet separate or as a kit?

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Ecklers has a good selection. I purchased a outdoor carpet and cut it myself. C+ job, $67. Put in new pad and seamseal the floor.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,603 Posts
Gary , I just replaced the carpet in my 87 with one from M and M Speed and Custom in Davie , Fl. I did go for the more pricery one and very satisfied with it . They are members here at ECC , give us a discount and they can usually match the prices of the bigger stores and they have a good reputation . They can be found here in the Vendors section or at www.mandmspeed.com . Check out their website while you are there . Most good kits come with some padding but a little more soundproffing never hurts . Lots of info on sounding proofing by doing a " search " .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gary , I just replaced the carpet in my 87 with one from M and M Speed and Custom in Davie , Fl. I did go for the more pricery one and very satisfied with it . They are members here at ECC , give us a discount and they can usually match the prices of the bigger stores and they have a good reputation . They can be found here in the Vendors section or at www.mandmspeed.com . Check out their website while you are there . Most good kits come with some padding but a little more soundproffing never hurts . Lots of info on sounding proofing by doing a " search " .
Thanks Lenny. I'll give them a look.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all who commented, I'm looking and I found that even Summit sells carpet for them so now it just depends on which looks the best when I go to order it. BTW Red, I was just thinking of the carpets with the "mass backing" options since mine is pretty worn. Not sure if I need all of the extra stuff since it is just a driver that I won't be using every day.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Thanks to all who commented, I'm looking and I found that even Summit sells carpet for them so now it just depends on which looks the best when I go to order it. BTW Red, I was just thinking of the carpets with the "mass backing" options since mine is pretty worn. Not sure if I need all of the extra stuff since it is just a driver that I won't be using every day.
Well, I could purchase the carpet with the rubber backing, which is the most expensive, but I decided I didn't need it. It's not like any of my cars are work cars. But if you feel you need to step up, of course, that's your choice. Probably run another $100 over the Mike's Montes prices. Here's another vendor who sells the rubber backed carpeting ...

http://www.nos4gn.com/servlet/the-Interior-&-Interior-Parts-cln-Carpeting-fdsh-Floor-Mats/Categories

·
Registered
769 Posts
http://www.stockinteriors.com/ I'm happy with my purchase from this place. :beer: they send free samples upon request to show you the color ect.
I'm in the market for new carpet and contacted Stock Interiors about samples. They were in my mailbox in three days. They have a good selection of colors and the mass backing option which wasn't too expensive.They also have the complete carpet kit whice is actually what I'm looking for. :beer:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts