El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's got the best deal on a carpet replacement for an 86 ? Mine will be due soon.

Also, would like to fix the leak on the passenger side windshield first. Is that a take out and reseal thing or is it more involved?

·
Premium Member
8,776 Posts
What color are you looking for? I have a dark brown carpet that I paid $325.00 for that I'll let go for $155.00 + freight.

·
Supporting Member
4,526 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
I think I got mine from A1 auto.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I did mine last year, used ACC carpeting with the better backing, I think I got it from Ecklers. Fit was really good, not a bad job at all.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I was looking at the A1 with the better backing. I have put one in before in another vehicle.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,686 Posts
In addition to the other suggested vendors , I would suggest looking at the National Parts Depot at www.nationalpartsdepot.com and Original Parts Group at www.opgi.com . Both also have a great catalog of Camino items and are reputable vendors here at ECC . As Wayne advised , leave it out in the sun before installing ; which , will help get the wrinkles out . If you have not thought about it , it is a good time to lay down some sound deadener/insulation before installing the new carpet .

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Lenny,
I put the POR 15 down, then the roll insulation with air pockets like Lowes sells for water heater wrap etc. under the carpet. It works pretty well and is a lot cheaper than going with Dynamat. Maybe not as good acoustic insulation but not sure? I will check NPD, I know Year One is better for the earlier models but not so much for the Gen 5 stuff. I think NPD is similar.

In addition to the other suggested vendors , I would suggest looking at the National Parts Depot at www.nationalpartsdepot.com and Original Parts Group at www.opgi.com . Both also have a great catalog of Camino items and are reputable vendors here at ECC . As Wayne advised , leave it out in the sun before installing ; which , will help get the wrinkles out . If you have not thought about it , it is a good time to lay down some sound deadener/insulation before installing the new carpet .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wanted to replace my carpets at the same time that my wife wanted a deep carpet cleaner for the house cause she said that sitting in the house all day long and seeing all of the filth that's gathering in the rugs is driving her mad. So we made a compromise and we bought what she wanted, of course... a Bissell 3624 Spotclean Professional that she read about on here 10 Best Carpet Cleaner Solution for Pet Stains Though it turned out to be quite useful even if I didn't want to believe it at first. I used it to deep clean the carpets in the car and they are so much better, almost as good as new.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Rock Auto has ACC carpets and you can get them with the mass backing if you like. Best price I found when I done mine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts