El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a truck for a living and I see many cars in front of homes along the back roads of Ohio. When I see Elky's I will post them here. If you live close by and are looking for one you can go check it out. Off the top of my head I can think of two. I know I've seen more but I just thought about posting my findings, so I didn't pay much attention to these cars before. Anyway these two El Caminos are in a town called Crestline OH. They have been sitting in the same place for at least six months that I can remember. The location of these cars is on U.S. rte 30 on the east side of town sitting on the north side of the road. I can't park my truck close enough to look at these cars and I am not sure if they are for sell. Maybe someone living close by can check this out and get more info on these cars. Now that I am going to post cars that I find, I will try to get more info on what I find.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another Elky. This one is in the Columbus area. I called the phone # and did not get a response to my message, so I don't know much about this car. It is in front of the Big Bear in the Lincoln Village shopping center on West Broad Street (U.S. rte 40) just west of I-270, north side of road. The asking price is $2000, few small dents, very little rust on body, maroon paint, not sure of year but it is 5th generation.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
This actually sounds like this could be fun...maybe it could run as a separate section on the homepage titled "El Camino Sightings" or "El Camino Bounty Hunters" It could be Elkys that appear to be forgotten about and are just sitting someplace going to waste and waiting to be resurrected by an ECC member, or maybe a car that could be utilized for parts by an ECC member. I know of a Choo Choo that's been sitting in a yard for about 4 years now (Rte 1 Steger IL by the Union Pacific railroad tracks), another member and myself have been emailing each other back and forth about it (he's in college, I don't have the money right now, maybe someone reading this does). The only requirement could be that it's an Elky that appears not to be in use...not one that is obviously being driven. It could definately benefit members looking for parts or one to restore. I had a friend who (on the way home from a fishing trip) told me where 4 5th gens were on Rte 41 and Rte 210 south of St Johns Indiana (about 35 miles from me), at a repair shop that has gone out of business, they are in various stages of abuse, I needed a tailgate at the time so I went to see them. I tracked down the owner and I called him. He told me he would sell me a tailgate I looked at for $50 and I take it off. It was in very good condition. In the meantime another ECC member contacted me and sold me an extra one he had for $30...but I still may go back and get the other one...plus some doors I need, the guy has those also, I'll just wait him out a little longer, he wants too much. I run into situations like this quite often. Maybe a trip to a particular boneyard might yield a 4th gen...I don't need the parts off a 4th gen, but maybe a member within 50 or 100 miles away from that boneyard might. By posting its location, he could go take a look at it before it's crushed and maybe get the parts he needs to complete his Elky. I must have found close to twenty to twenty five Elkys in the last two years that are not being used parked in driveways, lots, yards, boneyards, fields, used car lots and all it takes sometimes, is just a knock on a door to ask about it. How many of our friends have told us where they saw an El Camino just sitting there and we don't think anything about it because it's a 3rd gen and we own a 5th. It would be like having our own organized national parts search for Elky parts. All we would need is a format that could be segregated by the 5 different generations. Maybe I'm just dreaming...anyone have any thoughts?

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
Maybe we could start another category in the pictures album..."Parts Elkys Sighted", or "Neglected Elkys", or "Abandoned Rides", or something like that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These are good ideas. I just posted my sightings in the region 8 forum because OH is where I do most of my driving, but it would be nice for a forum for posting these cars in all states.

·
Registered
66 Posts
we deffintly need anoyher forum for this.i dont know about other areas but ive been yard hoping looking for parts locally and there hard to find.for me un wanted full cars have been easier to find very cheap.got attached to both dont want to part either out for the other ,so we hade a board for these types of finds maybe more parts would be more accesable to everyone. examplle bought the last truck and had an extra tail gate in it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts