El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a fake one on EBAY tonight for $9.99 (bid so far). Seller states he/she does NOT GUARANTEE AUTHENTICITY of the item...so somebody made one...willing buyer out here folks...can we get Honest Charley to give someone permission to reproduce these please?!

·
Deputy Director Region 6
9,030 Posts
There is a fake one on EBAY tonight for $9.99 (bid so far). Seller states he/she does NOT GUARANTEE AUTHENTICITY of the item...so somebody made one...willing buyer out here folks...can we get Honest Charley to give someone permission to reproduce these please?!
you can tell that one is FAKE, nothing matches on it
letters are wrong just to start

·
Registered
604 Posts
Could you love a beautiful woman and then place a fake ring on her finger?

All I will say is DON'T DO IT

·
Registered
527 Posts
Well if anyone actually wants a fake one, if I can get a couple of pics and dimensions of a real one it isn't that hard to design and 3D print one. I don't have a need for a Choo Choo emblem but I'm always happy to help out the community.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Excuse my ignorance but I’ve never heard of a Choo Choo Customs train emblem before and am curious as to what they look like and why you would want one for your elcamino.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
9,030 Posts
Excuse my ignorance but I’ve never heard of a Choo Choo Customs train emblem before and am curious as to what they look like and why you would want one for your elcamino.
the train came on the 83-87 EL Camino Choo Choo Customs SS

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
do you want to put a FAKE item on your ride ?
I would want to leave the authentic one on my ride. I think if the trains are available and the door jamb stickers are as well, that's a recipe for fraud. We should be protecting one another on this forum, not providing ways for someone to sell one of us a fake CCC. So if a fake copy looks fake, let it be. My $0.02

·
Deputy Director Region 6
9,030 Posts
some people might think it's a real one & pay big bucks
see the difference

·
Deputy Director Region 6
9,030 Posts
I would want to leave the authentic one on my ride. I think if the trains are available and the door jamb stickers are as well, that's a recipe for fraud. We should be protecting one another on this forum, not providing ways for someone to sell one of us a fake CCC. So if a fake copy looks fake, let it be. My $0.02
it's just like people selling parts saying it is NOS when it's aftermarket, Do you want to know the truth about a part you're buying ?

·
Registered
604 Posts
DITTO

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
I totally agree Steve. That's my point. It's a good thing that fakes look fake. Trains, and jamb stickers looking too real, and there'd be more "real" choo choos out there than were actually manufactured.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wonder how many Choo Choo owners have the "free gift" section from the CCC Limited Warranty that came with the real Choo Choos? The original owner sent it with some other paperwork from when he purchased it new. I can see on my dash where the train emblem was attached; a sort of glue shadow. It would certainly look silly with the faux train emblem on Ebay. I will stay on the lookout for a real one like the one that was originally on it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I did my research and now I am up to speed on my Choo Choo Customs. Not sure if it was something available in Canada or not.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts