El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully I can get some good advice here, I have a 72 Sprint, J-code 350 4bbl, auto., it was built with nonpower drum brakes.

I have a 72 Elcamino donor truck that was a big block ,auto, power disc brakes, I have the power disc set up installed on my Sprint, including the distribution block, the hydrovac is 11 inch.

The hydrovac and master cylinder were on the bed of the El camino when I bought it.

My questions are : Was the 11 inch hydrovac the spec for the big block verus the 9 inch hydrovac ? Will the 11 inch work ok?
Being on back of the truck and everything unbolted when I started I am not sure how far I need to thread the rod into the clevis off the back of the brake pedal.
The Sprint is in peices and not currently running, maybe in a month or two.

Thanks,Mike

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
have someone hold the brake pedal up against the stop and measure from the lower hole in the pedal arm to the firewall out side surface.middle of the hole to flat outside area ,then adjust the rod a couple turns less (1 or 2) to avoid being too tight and you should be good.they use a couple size boosters for differently equipted cars(standard power vs hd power). if it fits and will bolt up use it.a stronger booster is never a bad thing

1 - 2 of 2 Posts